Where is everyone?!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where is everyone?!?!

I will also be leaving Dec. 14th 2011 with my SWCC contract, I assume some of us will be classing up.
    “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” -Lance Armstrong

“If you think a thing is impossible, you'll make it impossible.”- Bruce Lee

Comment

The SWCC program currently has about the same attrition rate as SEAL. You do not need to know how to shoot a gun before you enter the program. You will be taught what you need to know. Just get in good shape, kill the PST, get very comfortable in the water and DO IT. There is plenty of information about SWCC on this website, just enter through the SWCC side (right side) on the landing page. Let me know if you have further questions.
      Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
      35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Thank you for the information, I do have one last question though. If I were to do NROTC in college would I still be eligible to try and become a SWCC, since there are no officers in the program? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Or is that a question I would need to ask the Officers at the NROTC office at my college?

Comment

KJC, maybe I can help you out with this one. I have my B.A. and actually already went through the OCS route and was non-select in the FEB11 boards. To go SWCC you'll have to go enlisted. With your NROTC/college credit you would probably go in at E3. If my research is correct you could very well end up an E5 by the time you graduate SWCC school. I actually read somewhere that later on you could drop your OCS packet and simply go back to your team as an officer but I don't know if that's accurate. As far as I know, there are Warrant Officer's and LDOs for SWCC and that's it. (SWCC E5s-E6s are living pretty good so I've heard) Cutting through the extraneous, YES you could still try and become a SWCC, but would HAVE to go the enlisted route. Hope this helps.
            “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”

-Lance Armstrong

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Comment

Thank you Jaden, that does help. I was just worried that if I went the NROTC route that they would not allow me to get a SWCC contract. My main reason for wanting to do NROTC (I don't need the money I have academic scholarships) is to participate in the summer programs they offer and I was afraid that going through an officer program would make me ineligible to try for SWCC. Thanks again!

Comment

As noted, the only SWCC officers are those who have come from the enlisted SWCC ranks, meaning Limited Duty Officers and Warrant Officers. This is not something you get through ROTC. SEAL officers are in charge of SWCC units. You can go through ROTC for the classes and not accept a commission, or accept a commission into the regular Navy and lateral transfer (if you qualify) after you've been in for awhile.
                Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
                35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

I really need for my scores to go down. this sucks need to move on!

Comment

Thanks again Scott! Like I said the main motivation to do NROTC is for the summer programs they offer, and its good to know that I can still go straight for a SWCC contract right out of college, being an officer would be great, but I would much rather be an enlisted SWCC!

Comment

Working...
                    X