What is my chance of being SWCC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my chance of being SWCC?

My name is Jon, I'm 17 years old coming up on the end of my junior year in high school. I used to take ADD/ADHD medication. I stopped when I was 11 and I haven't had any problems since. I am an A/B student and I am absolutely fine without taking adderal. Last year, I dislocated my knee cap for the 2nd time in a row. Then, I had knee surgery to decrease my odds of dislocating it again. I went from a 99% chance of dislocation to 15%. Then, 2 months after that, I was pushed to hard in physical therapy and I broke my knee cap. So I went to another Physical Therapy place and my recovery is going pretty well. I'm at about 80% strength and I started running again. I have no knee pain although my knee does make a loud popping noise under pressure. My doctor said it is fine as long as you don't have pain. I have never been a good swimmer. After all of this, I still want to be in SWCC. It would be the greatest achievement of my life. I want a lot of preperation before becoming swcc so I planned on becoming a Seabee and crossrating after 2 years of service. During that time I will do a lot of swimming to become the best swimmer I can. I will also get lasik because I have bad vision. How reasonable is my plan? How possible is my plan? Should I even attempt to pursue NSW? A friend of mine(best swimmer I know) joined the Navy with a seal contract and passed the PST with flying colors, but when they found out about how he dislocated his knee once, they medically denied him, he had to wait 6 months for a waiver or pick another job. He picked another job. Will I suffer the same fate?

first and foremost .
    ADHD waiver
    Surgery Waiver
    Knee injury waiver

DO NOT CROSS RATE IT WILL NOT HAPPEN

look into lasik or PKT or whatever. you will need 1 year before you can get a waiver for that..

best advice is talk to a recruiter but i wouldnt blab your mouth too hard because you might DQ yourself.

start learning freestyle and CSS.

They're handing out SWCC contracts out pretty easily recently so it never hurts to try...

Keep doing physical therapy and DO . NOT OVER TRAIN. You're going to have to prove that youre 100% recovered and probably need 1-2 doctors to look and write a letter for each of your waivers... you might get big navy waivers but once you do the warrior challenge and if you get picked up with a SWCC contract your waivers need to be looked at by NSW which they might DQ you.

Try out for this but you probably couldn't go until 19-20 so i would start community college and use those credits for E-2 advancement and if you really want to do navy do seabees ONLY IF you do not 1)qualify 2) or want swcc

Comment

• Jon79
      Jon79 commented
      Editing a comment
      I need an ADD waiver? Its been 6 years since I've taken the adderal and I obviously dont need the meds because I get good grades.

• onlyoneoption
      onlyoneoption commented
      Editing a comment
      Jon79 yes you need the waiver unless you do not disclose it

Agree with all of the above and I've heard those Seebees aren't all that bad if you have trouble with your waivers

Comment

i agree with everything he said except you get e-2 right out of bootcamp anyways as SWCC thats what my contract said, and after you complete training you get the bonus and e-4

Comment

• JackMan7
        JackMan7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought ranks dont matter in the teams?

• Tito0210
        Tito0210 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why wouldn't it matter?

yes you need a waiver unless you do not disclose it.

Comment

In my opinion, do what you can control! Focus on smoking the PST & study for the ASVAB so if/when you do need to apply for a waiver, the command can review and have an impression that you have the heart and overall fitness/mental fortitude to get into the SWCC pipeline.

Comment

Jon79 Do you really want to mention you were on ADD meds when you were 11 at MEPS?.....help yourself.

Comment

• Tito0210
            Tito0210 commented
            Editing a comment
            i agree with this statement

• JackMan7
            JackMan7 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wont they see it anyway in his medical records? I took adderall in 9th grade but stopped after 5 months and I dont know if I should say something or not.

• Tito0210
            Tito0210 commented
            Editing a comment
            They have no access to medical records unless you physically hand them that you did it. They really only have access to your police records if any
        Working...
        X