SWCC App. Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWCC App. Process

I have some questions about the SWCC application process. Quick background I'm an E5 in the Navy. I have been in for 4 yrs. 5 yrs on november. Since I joined the navy and got stationed on NAB Little Creek (now JEB) I have been interested in SWCC and the NSW community. At the times I was didnt have the mental, physical determination to do it. In the last year I have discovered an inner strength and desired to achieve, compete and do anything I put my mind to. I think my PST scores will be good, my ASVABs are good, my time in and all that is good, and my command letting me go and apply well i will find that out what will happen once i put my application on. This is my situation ... I'm ready to go. I'm ready to move on and do something bigger (smaller) the only thing stopping me is... I have been planning my wedding for 2 yrs now. In November of this year. My fiancee is supports me in my decision to join SWCC, but does not want me to miss the wedding. So the questions is where do I go from here? this is the questions I don't seem to find answer any where! This is my last resort i guess. After I put in my application in, do my NC worksheet, do my interview, pst screening and get the package ready what happens then? Anyone now how to answer this? Or what should I do?

I will probably post this on the navyseals.com/forum aslo to see if i get any answers from them to.

Re: SWCC App. Process

It is my understanding that SWCC school is about 6 months long, not including Indoc. That being said, I would wait until after you're married.
    I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way.

-John Paul Jones November 1778

Comment

i understand the length of the "school" but you dont GO right away. for example my understanding is there is only 2 BUD/S sessions a year right? what happens in between those classes? thats where i want to know. because if i can put my application in and get every ready and be good to go and lets say start training in January it would be gravy!

Comment

Cant you just keep up your training until after the wedding then pursue a NSW career? From what i understand there is no way to tell exactly when you will get orders to SWCC/BUDS. I saw a post where a couple guys have re-taken the PST 16 times (or for 16 months) waiting to get orders. I would get the wedding out of the way, make the wife happy because you wont be seeing her for awhile if you make it, lol.

Comment

What's Up Man,
          You can do the entire application process....... Take the PST, get your package together and route it through your chain of command, and when your CCC fills out your 1306, there is a block on there on the first page for "Date Available". Put a date that is after your wedding. Or you can continue to train, get your PST scores as competitive as you can using the time you have between now and your wedding, and submit after that. You may find it more beneficial to train as hard as you can and take the PST later on, but that depends on you and where you are in your training. Honestly if I were you, train hard, get those scores below 750 (PST Calculator), focus on that and the soon to be wife / wedding...... tjmccoy is right, make the wife happy because you are going to need to be 110% focused on training when you get there!

Comment

words of wisdom... "make the soon to be wife happy" i know guys and she is my support in all of this and it makes it worth while. my reason for wanting to do it before the wedding or wanting to know all of this information its because i dont want the program to close up by november or afterwards. for example i heard ND and EOD are not taking any body that has been in after 2007. i dont want that to happen to the SWCC program. then i would be stuck on my rate, that would suck. i appretiate the info. i'm definitely working on my PST scores. i was using the Stew smith Swcc prep program. i finished that and went on and started doing the 26 workout program found here so we will see how that goes.

Comment

talked to the fiancee and we decided to get it out of the way. i'm putting my application in, well in the next 3 weeks. i know my command would feel it is an insult to them. lol. so i'm going to get qualed before i go ahead with it. but yeah the application is going down! pretty excited about this. ready to move on. hope i do good in the PST and screening process.

Comment

Working...
              X