X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mm227
    started a topic asvab info

asvab info

Started studying for the afqt/asvab, but wanted something clarified. On the site it says you need a minimum of 103 on VE+AR and 51 on MC. Does that mean you still take all of the subtests, but only the scores for the sections I mentioned are counted, to get a SWCC contract?

• Blackwood
    replied
    mm227 Sorry about the late response, but yes, just got my SO contract. Waiting to ship.

Leave a comment:

• mm227
    replied
    Yeah, that's what I'm using. Have you already gotten a contract? Or where in the process are you, if you dont mind me asking? I'm just talking to as many people as I can, to be as informed as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Blackwood
    replied
    I used the Kaplan ASVAB study book, it has multiple practice tests and an online version. It helped a large amount. Costs around 20 bucks...

Leave a comment:

• mm227
    replied
    Thanks dude. So, the other subtests are essentially just something for them to see how you do on, but if I bombed one, it wouldn't blow my chances (as long as the VE+AR and MC are solid, of course)? Seems strange to make you take them if they're largely irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• TJames_6
    replied
    Yes, you will take every test that is in the ASVAB. In order to get a SB(SWCC) contract they will use the VE+AR with a minimum of 51 MC, so essentially those are all you need to worry about. Still study for everything though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X