Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Re: PST Scores and Ship Date

Re: PST Scores and Ship Date

Shipping May 17th. PST scores are 7:48, 68, 81, 16, 8:40. Would like some advice on increasing strength, getting my numbers up. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by stith View Post
    Is Sr. Your mentor also?
    yea he's my mentor as well man

smeltzer* give me some tips on the swim time haha.. good scores man. But in response to your strength numbers, be sure not to forget weight training. Do alot of negative type press lifts and dont forget your back, which actually will help on your pushups as well as pull ups. Mix cardio in with your pullups, push, and sit ups so you get used to training in a lactic acid state. I.E wind sprints with pushups etc..

Steve, Right me a personal message of your contact info i.e. Name, Where you are from, etc. I will then add you to our facebook group. We have a lot of good training tips/workouts on our page that should help you out.

rholli8** Thanks man the advice will certainly come in handy for sure. As for swimming, I swam on a high school team for three years, so here is some advice that my coach always gave us. Make sure you glide as much as possible, put on a pair of fins if you don't do so well with gliding. They kind of force you to glide, or more Distance Per Stroke. Another tip which helps a lot. EXPLODE off the turns, be aggressive, once you hit the wall, get the hell off. If you think about it, you have 19 turns in a PST (25 yard pool). If each turn is supposed to take you 2 seconds and you take 3 for every turn, thats 19 seconds added onto your time just based off of the turns. If you don't know what I mean, watch a video of Olympic swimmers doing breast stroke or butterfly. You'll see what I mean. Also, when you do explode off of the turns, glide underwater as far as you can go, flutter kick, dolphin kick or do a breast stroke pullout underwater. Hold your breath, and get some distance underwater. You want to average at about 7-9 strokes each lap in the pool (one length) or 1/2 a lap based off PST laps. And one last thing which I'm sure you've heard. When you get tired, when it hurts. Smile. And push even harder.

8:47/61/98/18/8:07. SO contracted January 27th. Ship date may 17th. HOOYAH!

smeltzer* thanks man I swam 4 years in High School as well, but always open to advice. My goal is to break 8:00 swim before i ship. Where are you shipping from?

Awesome man, you'll break 8:00 before you go, for sure. Just keep at it. I'm shipping from Houston, but live in Louisiana. What about yourself?

I'm shipping from Bellingham, washington.. north of seattle

may is right around the corner, im getting FIRED UP!!!!

7:15/62/85/20/9:15....Shipping May 17th. Anyone have any tips for pushups? Started some new from Stew Smith but hasn't been long enough to see if it worked.

Awesome dude, see you in BUDs!! Hooyah!!

Quote Originally Posted by pullups_4life View Post
    7:15/62/85/20/9:15....Shipping May 17th. Anyone have any tips for pushups? Started some new from Stew Smith but hasn't been long enough to see if it worked.
    I do a workout a couple days each week that has helped me. Start with a set of push-ups at your target pace (i.e. 100-120 in 2-minutes), and do as many as possible until failure--by failure I mean when you cannot maintain that pace. Then throughout the day, do sets of half that number. Get about 30 sets done. I do other push-up workouts as well, but this seems to be effective for me.

Any swim advice you can offer? I'm around a 7:40 right now, but would like to get closer to 7:00.

Thanks, I'll try that out. I don't know what your swim PT is like but one workout I do is maybe once or twice a week I'll do 3x500m for time (getting somewhat close to your PST time). On that day I'll just do those and some underwater work. Another workout would be 1000m for time (sometimes with fins, some without depending on how I'm feeling), and than I'll do this pushup/swim workout. That consists of say 30pushups right into 100m swim, and doing that between 6-8 times. Than I'll randomly throw in some pushups and pullups at the end of the entire workout. Another is sort of like the three 500's, you still time it but the first one is only, say, 75%, the second 80%, and the last 95-100%. And the goal with that one is to beat the previous 500 time and if you don't you penalize yourself with something that your weak at (me, I do pushups). Hope that helps.

Just got my date moved up from August 8th to May 14th. Shipping as SB

9:35/60/61/12/10:20

PST this morning

8:37/110/96/24/9:07

Shipping SB may 17th

30 day pst
    950/77/80/20/857

@prospect are you going for SO or SB? and how long have you been taking psts?

Quote Originally Posted by JMangum View Post
    @prospect are you going for SO or SB? and how long have you been taking psts?
    SB may 14, I have been taking PST's since mid october. I received my contract in january for my december 8th performance.

14 day PST coming up in two days! Getting pumped, I can taste the pacific already!