Thread: PT Test Procedures

Question PT Test Procedures

The Navy changed its PT procedures to doing cadence push-ups and one minute sit-ups, does that mean the SEALs changed theirs as well?

Re: PT Test Procedures

Until better order do both first the old procedure and then the new procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    The Navy changed its PT procedures to doing cadence push-ups and one minute sit-ups, does that mean the SEALs changed theirs as well?
    Wow, really? When did it change? Can't believe I didn't even hear about this.

Could you please provide the source? An OPNAVINST or NAVADMIN would be sufficient.

Thank you very much!

Good question, first thought after the news for new procedure was do the both procedures.

Now after your good questions better do the old procedures first and when you have the

best knowlegde of changes then move to the new procedure.

Have good days after Christmas and also Happy New Year 2012! God bless you all!

Regardless of what you guys see on this site or hear on the streets back where you live, the standards here at BUD/s have not changed.

If you have any questions, all you need to do is to look at the website where the standards are listed and see if there is a change. Chances are that WE will hear about changes to standards on PT before your local ice cream man does.

I said this many, many times before, stop listening to everything that you hear. Use your resources and research it for yourself before you post things on this site.

Senior Chief Gio
    Please "Private Message" me on this forum if you have questions. I will respond to you at my earliest convenience.

Former SEAL + SWCC Forum Moderator
    U.S. Navy SEAL + SWCC Scout Team

T: 888-USN-SEAL

Quote Originally Posted by NCCS GIO View Post
    Regardless of what you guys see on this site or hear on the streets back where you live, the standards here at BUD/s have not changed.

If you have any questions, all you need to do is to look at the website where the standards are listed and see if there is a change. Chances are that WE will hear about changes to standards on PT before your local ice cream man does.

I said this many, many times before, stop listening to everything that you hear. Use your resources and research it for yourself before you post things on this site.

Senior Chief Gio

Thank you for your order.

I'm sorry about the changed PT standards. I was misinformed by my NJROTC instructor. The standards were changed for the JROTC programs in my area and my instructor thought it was changed for the Navy as well. I apologize for the incorrect information.

Operation continues.