Thread: simple asvab question

simple asvab question

Ok, so i have done research on which of the 10 subjects that require a high combined score for SEAL training. Is it beneficial to focus my studying time on General Science, Mechanical Comprehension, and Electronics Information more than the other 7 or should just work on every subject evenly? I understand the power of google and this website but i cant find a answer to my question. I do know someone asked on this forum "what subjects to really work on" but i know what subjects to work on for SEAL training, its just that i want to know if i should also focus on the others aswell. Thanks to all that answer this with patience.

Re: simple asvab question

There is absolutely no bad that can come of you acquiring a well rounded knowledge base. First it shows you can learn in multiple subjects and probably by different means. Second it is something you will continue to expand upon and always carry with you throughout life whether you are an active SEAL or not. Focus on the subjects you need to score well on but maintain a working knowledge of the others for your own benefit.

You want a mix of both. You need to score high enough on the AFQT (Which is pretty much just Reading, Vocab, and two other sections), but you also need to score high in General Knowledge, Elec. Info., and Mech. Comp.. i don't know what your level of schooling is, but it's insanely easy to score at least an 85 for the AFQT, so I would focus more on Elec. and Mech.. But again it depends on what you're already good at and what you aren't.
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it." - Thucydides
    *08APR2013 SO Contract*

i agree with these guys. It is not a hard score to obtain. should add up to 165. just do practice asvabs and make sure you have a basic understanding of automobiles, mechanics and electronics.

Ryknow

I would say you should really only stress on the AFQT which is the part of the ASVAB that let's you in the service. One of the recuiters at the local recuiting office told me he knew a guy that got a 34 on his ASVAB and became a SEAL. So just get your reading down so you know and unserstand what your reading as you read it. And brush up on you math for sure. Hey wizard you like my caps hehe haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ryknow View Post
    So just get your reading down so you know and unserstand what your reading as you read it.
    That is the best advice ever. Make sure you know how to read. How come no one else thought of this. I can't believe this unbelieveably important training information wasn't shared earlier. Thank you Ryknow, not only for using capitals but for letting me know that SEALs have to know how to read. I will certainly be sure to add some hooked on phonics to my training regiment. If there is any other golden advice you have for us please feel free to post it. I mean you have only been on here for two weeks and you have already posted 25 times. Obviously everyone on here is learning alot more now that you have joined the forum. I was worried some of us were not going to be ready for this lifestyle but now that your here to help I'm sure we will all be much better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryknow View Post
    I would say you should really only stress on the AFQT which is the part of the ASVAB that let's you in the service. One of the recuiters at the local recuiting office told me he knew a guy that got a 34 on his ASVAB and became a SEAL. So just get your reading down so you know and unserstand what your reading as you read it. And brush up on you math for sure. Hey wizard you like my caps hehe haha
    If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?