Thread: mental fortitude and form

123train

mental fortitude and form

Hey guys I just wanted to bring up the topic of mmental toughness in the case of finishing a set or exercise. I find that the greatest urge to quit and give up for me is when I don't have a clear vision and goal of what needs to be achieved in my head, and because I lack this I lack calmness and begging to panic and make split second decisions. However, when I feel this happening, I have found that it ned this very easy to defeat it, and all that needs to be done is to.calm down and get your priorities straight. I just owned this thread to see what you guys do in situations of pain and how you deal with the thought of.quitting. on another note, when do you guys decide that a workout is too hard for you and after finishing the first time no matter how much it sucks, how do you determine whether you try it again. Or if its simply to highfitness for you. Hope to best from anyone who posts thanks.

Re: mental fortitude and form

Quote Originally Posted by 123train View Post
    Hey guys I just wanted to bring up the topic of mmental toughness in the case of finishing a set or exercise. I find that the greatest urge to quit and give up for me is when I don't have a clear vision and goal of what needs to be achieved in my head, and because I lack this I lack calmness and begging to panic and make split second decisions. However, when I feel this happening, I have found that it ned this very easy to defeat it, and all that needs to be done is to.calm down and get your priorities straight. I just owned this thread to see what you guys do in situations of pain and how you deal with the thought of.quitting. on another note, when do you guys decide that a workout is too hard for you and after finishing the first time no matter how much it sucks, how do you determine whether you try it again. Or if its simply to highfitness for you. Hope to best from anyone who posts thanks.
    hey man i like to go into a work out think than nothing is every good enough so that tomorrow i will have enough. ya i do all that other stuff like have it written down and i set goals. but i find that a lot of people think that if some isn't broken don't fix it. i like to think that if something is working but could work better that thing that is working might as well be broken. meaning give all you have so like if you set a goal of ten reps for an exercise but you haven't hit failure yet you keep going to you hit that failure till you do so i literally mean go till you cant go anymore then do that again and again. that what works for me in the gym.