Thread: The Homestretch

The Homestretch

I know this isn't about indoc. however I couldn't really find the right place for this. While watching Discovery's BUD/S Class 243 The Homestretch I noticed that while the trainees were just shooting they would use and M-4 variant, however during the attack on San Clemente Island some trainees had full sized M-16s with what appeared to be 20 round mags. Also some trainees fired M203s and some used M-60s, then later you saw CQB training with MP5s, who decides hwo gets what. Do the instuctors sit down and say well this guys got great trigger discepline and great reflexes give him an MP5, this guys very accurate give him an M-16, this guy has a very strong upper body and good endurance lets give him and M-60, give the rest M-4s. Or do the trainees decide what they want the instuctors say, yeah thats good you can shoot that. How do the decide?

Re: The Homestretch

SEALs are proficient with all weapons. I wouldn't worry about that, I'd worry about your PST scores.

Train hard.

Re: The Homestretch

The full sized M16s you see are just dummy weapons. But you got a long ways to go dude, don't worry about that. Just worry about getting there, and then you'll figure it all out.