Thread: Basic

Basic

Do you have to go to "regular" Navy basic training if you get a SEAL or SWCC contract, or do you got straight to Prep School?
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, Navy Pilot

Re: Basic

You go to basic. Everyone who joins the Navy no matter what the rating is has to attend basic.

Also SWCC candidates don't go to prep. It is only for guys who will be attending BUD/S.

Ryknow

That's kinda what I was thinking. Even though a SEAL contract says you go through basic, to prep, to BUD/s. Reading the lone survivor it made me think you go straight to BUD/s because Marcus lutteral wrote basic training was the harder than he thought it'd be. But I just can't wait for at least basic training because I think it will be fun as he'll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryknow View Post
    But I just can't wait for at least basic training because I think it will be fun as he'll.

Hahahaha okay.

Aight, thanks I was just not sure.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, Navy Pilot

You go to basic or RTC in a division all your own full of other dudes who have gotten SpecWar contracts.

He went in a different time, there was no prep school yet.

Okay thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JZachariahG View Post
    Do you have to go to "regular" Navy basic training if you get a SEAL or SWCC contract, or do you got straight to Prep School?
    You'll be put in an 800 division. All 800 divisions are comprised of SO, SWCC, EOD, AIRR and ND contracts. There's a good chance the rest of the people in your divisions will have the same contract as you. For example, my division had mostly SEAL candidates, with a few Air Rescue, and a few EOD candidates. You will wake up every morning to march down to the combat pool to workout with the NSW/NSO instructors. You will swim some days and run the others, depending on how the schedule goes. You also get a 'fourth meal' of fruits and protien bars. Besides that, you do the normal things a regular division would do at RTC.

Ok, that makes more sense. Thanks