Thread: Stretch marks?

Ryknow

Unhappy Stretch marks?

I have two stretch marks on the left side of my chest, kinda connected to my arm pit. Just found it today and don't want anymore. Does any one know how you can prevent more from happening?

Re: Stretch marks?

This is not a site to discuss appearance issues. Take it to WebMD or to some female oriented website where those types of things are important.

Quote Originally Posted by thegriffin45 View Post
    This is not a site to discuss appearance issues. Take it to WebMD or to some female oriented website where those types of things are important.
    Well said

Seriously?

Ryknow

Maybe a tan might get them away? Does anyone know? I hope one day that you remember the guy you made fun of from getting stretch marks from working out, and think back to this blog. Then you'll be just like me.

This is a training forum meant for helping people train for the SEAL and SWCC pipeline. This is not a forum for beauty tips, take thegriffin45's advice and check somewhere else.

Ryknow, I swear, you post some of the most meaningless **** on this site, and a lot of it. It's getting really annoying.

Ryknow

None of you know how to prevent stretch marks.? There has to be someone on this site that has had expiernce or a thought on how to PREVENT stretch marks. Please I'd like to hear from you. And you guys might think I'm annoying with my questions. Think about how annoying it will be when you can't get out of bed, and have no control but to just deal with it. There are just some things that your going to have to get over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryknow View Post
    None of you know how to prevent stretch marks.? There has to be someone on this site that has had expiernce or a thought on how to PREVENT stretch marks. Please I'd like to hear from you. And you guys might think I'm annoying with my questions. Think about how annoying it will be when you can't get out of bed, and have no control but to just deal with it. There are just some things that your going to have to get over.
    Are you F*cking kidding me? Ryknow, you post the most pointless, unnecessary crap I've seen on this site. I could ask how many times a day I get to take a **** at BUD/S and it would be more pertinent than most of what you ask. Half of your posts don't even make sense. What do stretch marks have to do with training or being a SEAL? How does preventing stretch marks help with being in shape, having mental fortitude and discipline? Stop asking useless crap. You are flooding this site with garbage, and as I am obviously fed up with your useless banter and irrelevant questions, I'm sure almost everyone feels the same way. No wants to come on here and discover that the newest threads or posts are about you getting stretch marks or what you had for breakfast.

But to answer your stupid question, stay hydrated and use lotion/cocoa butter.
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it." - Thucydides
    *08APR2013 SO Contract*

Ryknow congratulations on the pregnancy!!!! Now this is a tough time for a lady like yourself, new baby, lots of mood swings, erratic menstrual cycle and of course having to deal with the stretch marks. Being that most of us worry about more important things and try to use this forum for training purposes you might find it hard to get an answer from one of us.
    But you are in luck my friend. I have a small place in my heart for the ladies and I try to help them out anyway I can. I did some research for you, which really took alot of time, I mean like a whole two minutes. I understand your running around picking out cribs and baby outfits so you might be strapped for time. Here is what I found for you.

Stretch marks—a result of the tearing of the dermis, the skin's second layer—most commonly occur during the third trimester of pregnancy, says Haideh Hirmand, MD, clinical assistant professor of surgery at Cornell-Weill Medical College/New York Presbyterian Hospital. (They can also occur during the rapid growth of puberty, with significant weight gain, or from hormonal shifts.) Some studies have suggested that topically applied vitamin E and essential oils can help prevent the marks from forming. Once they appear, several treatments with a fractional laser, which promotes collagen production and thickening of the dermis, can reduce their appearance (but not remove them).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryknow View Post
    And you guys might think I'm annoying with my questions. Think about how annoying it will be when you can't get out of bed, and have no control but to just deal with it.
    Comparing the frustration I feel when I read your posts to the way I am going to feel during the last years of my life is remarkably accurate.
    "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." --Winston Churchill

Ryknow

So for future references people should lotion there body's and drink a lot of H2o. Should I also add more salt to my diet? And hey people should relax a go for a run it calms people down.

We are all relaxed. You have been on here for less than a month and have posted over 60 times. That is a record. And it is not a record you want to hold.

Post way less, and train way more.
    "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." --Winston Churchill

He's already been banned before, haha, but let's not make it us, just stop before any of us may get in trouble for being hostile...

Administrator

I'm done with this nonsense. Let's get back to training.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."
    John F. Kennedy, Inaugural address, January 20, 1961
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)