Thread: LASIK or PRK?

LASIK or PRK?

So I have been on this site for a few days now reviewing all I can and I keep reading conflicting stories between eye correction surgeries. I have a astigmatism, does the Navy want me to have it corrected using PRK or Lasik, or does it matter as long as my vision is within the guidlines after the corrections? I realize this subject has been beat to death, but I want to know for sure because im making appointments right now with local surgeons and I want to make sure I have it down.

Re: LASIK or PRK?

Quote Originally Posted by CORD View Post
    So I have been on this site for a few days now reviewing all I can and I keep reading conflicting stories between eye correction surgeries. I have a astigmatism, does the Navy want me to have it corrected using PRK or Lasik, or does it matter as long as my vision is within the guidlines after the corrections? I realize this subject has been beat to death, but I want to know for sure because im making appointments right now with local surgeons and I want to make sure I have it down.
    From what I have read on here, either is acceptable. However, PRK is recommended over Lasik due to the nature of this job. The eyes of people who get Lasik are more vulnerable to damage than those of people that get PRK.

PRK is recommend for people in the military, policemen, firemen etc.

Re: LASIK or PRK?

Unless something new has come up I would go with PRK. Same results slightly different process.