Thread: Quotes From Lisa

Cool Quotes From Lisa

Hi guys. I wanted to start this post b/c I read Lone Survivor and then of course had to run to see Act of Valor, both of which I loved. There's not a whole lot a little 4'11" civilian girl like me can do to let you know how awesome you all are or say thank you for everything you do, but I figured a few good inspirational quotes would be a small gift to hopefully pick you up when you're in a spot where you need some motivation. I'm a sucker for quotes and I know that sometimes the perfect little nugget can spark something inside of you. So you might see me on here every now and then posting quotes. If you like them or don't like them, let me know! Thanks again for putting yourself out there for this country and continue being the genius rock stars that you all are!

Lisa

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, and it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

"Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." - Proverb

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly." - Proverb

"Success is a staircase, not a doorway." - Anonymous

"The greatest power is often simple patience." - E. Joseph Cossman

"Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country. - Anais Nin

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

"Genius is intensity. The man who gets anything worth having is the man who goes after his object as a bulldog goes after a cat- with every fiber in him tense with eagerness and determination." - W.C. Holman

"Who has never tasted what is bitter does not know what is sweet." - German Proverb

"Difficulty, my brethren, is the nurse of greatness- a harsh nurse, who roughly rocks her foster children into strength and athletic proportion." - William Cullen Bryant

"The most important thing in life is not to capitalize on your gains. Any fool can do that. The really important thing is to profit from your losses. That requires intelligence; and it makes the difference between a man of sense and a fool." William Bolitho

"The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune." - Plutarch

"It is defeat that turns bones to flint; it is defeat that turns gristle to muscle; it is defeat that makes men invincible." - Henry Ward Beecher

"Light that makes some things seen, makes some things invisible. Were it not for darkness and the shadow of the earth, the noblest part of the Creation would remain unseen, and the stars in heaven invisible." - Sir Thomas Browne

Re: Quotes From Lisa

Well we are in no way responsible or connected to anything going on right now and probably most of us are not even in the military yet so dont thank us thank the real heroes, but i can re-speak the word yet many times. but thanks for the quotes anyways and keep em comin
    "Accept challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."