Thread: Shoe insoles

Shoe insoles

Is there a specific insole out there that will benefit a high running regiment?
    Sure the only easy day was yesterday, but that is what makes life worth living

Re: Shoe insoles

That makes sense, ya I have some regular asic running shoes and magnum boots, and those seem great I was just wondering if it could get better! thanks man
    Sure the only easy day was yesterday, but that is what makes life worth living

Buy athletic shoes that fit your feet in the first place. Your whole lower body will adapt to your running shoes/boots and be better off without insoles. Cost becomes an issue as well.
    "Nothing on earth can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."

- Thomas Jefferson

Completely depends on arch type, whether you are neutral or over pronate, and whether you are a heel/forefoot/midfoot striker... I agree with FSU and get a good shoe fit from a reputable shop, preferably one that videos you running. No amount of insole will correct the wrong shoe.

Is it a bad thing to use insoles? I got fit for the right shoes by road runner sports and was still feeling a little bit of soreness in my heel after a long/hard run, they recommended insoles as well and this has allowed me to run however long/fast I want without any pain during or after. Does anyone know if BUD/s allows you to use your own insoles in the boots or are you supposed to adapt to the boot?

In the videos they say to replace the shoes after 6 months or 400 miles. He says they shoe itself may look good but the padding is worn down. Does he mean to have us replace the entire shoe or can we pull out the insole currently in and replace it when a proper performance insole? That's what I have been doing and it seems to be doing alright. Granted it's not the manufacturers actual insole but it's still good.

Is it a good alternate to buy new insoles or do we just need to buy an entire shoe?