Thread: Prior Service Getting Anywhere

Prior Service Getting Anywhere

Im prior service Marine Corps Infantry. I have deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan as a machine gunner. I held the billit of squad leader. For the last two years I have been trying to get a SEAL contract and was told that my package got denied about 6 months ago because I am prior service. I have still been training for the time I get a contract and am still ready to go. My last PST was 8:15/92/98/15/8:42. Has anyone heard if they will soon start letting in prior service? I think I should be a great candidate for the program, and much better than some of the high school kids I have seen that are qualifying. Thank you for any advice or information you might have.

Re: Prior Service Getting Anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by NCCS GIO
    I am the Senior Recruiting Advisor for the team here at BUD/s. The information that we put come straight out of the navy, not your book case or a webpage.

The navy has shut done ALL PRIOR SERVICE. The economy is doing badly, and people are not getting out. Therefore, the navy does not need prior service to meet their manning requirements. The navy is doing just fine to meet it manning demands by recruiting civilians.

Any questions on this subject, feel free to contact me.

Senior Chief Gio
    The policy has been in place for about 10 months give or take.
    Unfortunately there is no proposed end date to the policy.

http://www.sealswcc.com/forums/showt...=prior+service
    http://www.sealswcc.com/forums/showt...-prior-service

Senior said that at the end of each fiscal year in october check back see if the policy has changed. He also did say that they made a few exceptions for prior service combat controllers but they are AF specops. maybe if you can give them a good enough reason they can make an exception

Im a prior service corpsman trying to get back in with a contract. Email me - wcgreene@gmail.com

Is not graduating bootcamp considered prior service? I went to MCRD San Diego in 2005 but strained some muscles that they said were taking to long to recover and sent me home. I never completed basic training, does this count as prior service? Thanks in advance.

SEAL Senior Chief

Quote Originally Posted by NogaPatumee View Post
    Is not graduating bootcamp considered prior service? I went to MCRD San Diego in 2005 but strained some muscles that they said were taking to long to recover and sent me home. I never completed basic training, does this count as prior service? Thanks in advance.
    You need about 180 days to be considered prior service; each case is a little different depending on the individual.

Senior Chief
    Last edited by NCC (SW) French; 05-22-2012 at 09:24 AM.