Thread: Keeping your old job?

Keeping your old job?

I'm enlisted as a Hospital Corpsman right now and I'm deciding if I want to apply for SWCC while in DEP or after A School. I know that If I apply while in DEP then I lose HM and I get the Rate of SN. If I go to A School first and then apply for a SWCC contract and I get hurt and can't continue SWCC training can I go back to being a Corpsman since I will already be trained in that or will I keep the SN rate and go to swabbing ships until I can take another shot at training?

Re: Keeping your old job?

If you're not even in the Navy yet and you want to go SpecWar, then don't even consider going in without a contract. You will have little to no chance of being able to cross-rate once you're in. Besides, you would have to wait after you fulfilled your obligation as a Corpsman and had two years at your first command before you could put in a package. That and there's always the chance that you could be PTS denied.

SEAL Senior Chief

Re: Keeping your old job?

If you begin SWCC training with an A school and do not, for whatever reason, complete the course you will go back to the fleet as that rating (HM). You would not become an SB until graduation.

Senior Chief