Thread: PRIOR SERVICE CONTRACTS

PRIOR SERVICE CONTRACTS

SITUATION:
    I am a prior service Marine. I started my paper work December of 2009 for a SEAL challenge. Working on about 14-15 months waiting. I don't have any crazy waivers, qualified ASVAB, and breezed through the MEPs exam. I consecutively elevate PST's. I recently met another prior service Navy guy going for SEAL who is 16 months in process, still taking the PST's like me. Right now the word to me is my kit was sent to ECM Dec 2010. I train, study, and diet to make sure I am a well qualified SEAL Canidate.

QUESTIONS:
    Is over a year a standard waiting time for prior service to recieve a contract?
    Is there anything else I can do to help speed my process in the pipeline of obtaining a contract?

Answers, advice, and assistance from all who know or can relate is much appreciated!

HONOR, COURAGE, AND COMMITMENT

Re: PRIOR SERVICE CONTRACTS

It takes a while for prior service. We have a force recon marine who does the PSTs with us and he has been waiting forever , so don't feel like its just you. Good luck
    REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD

Good to go! That seems to prove it's self true with every prior service I talk to. Just looking for ways to improve myself at all ends and cover every base I am allowed to. I would camp out at ECM if that would help my chances Thanks again for the reply and see you at the PST.

I received an email today from an admin on this website that said "Unfortunately the Navy is no longer accepting Other Service Veterans into the SEAL program." Just thought I'd pass that along, I'd check with your recruiter

McNab is right. There are a few threads in the forum that state that the Navy is not currently accepting prior service applicants.
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it." - Thucydides
    *08APR2013 SO Contract*

Just out of curiosity, why isn't the Navy accepting prior service applicants? Also, by Navy, I'm assuming we're talking Seal and SWCC, is that correct?
    "Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war" Shakespeare
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why isn't the Navy accepting prior service applicants? Also, by Navy, I'm assuming we're talking Seal and SWCC, is that correct?
    I'm pretty sure the Navy in general would be willing to accept prior service, but the NSW community isn't. It's because there are so many civilian applicants for NSW, and because job availability throughout the country is low, people aren't leaving. Or something along those lines. Search around the forums, and I'm sure you'll find your answer. If not, I'm sure one of the admins or someone from NSW will give you a reply here. You can also PM one of them, like Senior Chief Gio or someone with your question if you can't find your answer.
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it." - Thucydides
    *08APR2013 SO Contract*

This is for Mike Caviston. When I was discharged from Basic, because of PTSD, they gave me an RE-8. From my understanding, it stated that I would be able to re-enlist a year from the date of my discharge. During my time off, I decided to get evaluated by a Neuropsychologist, Dr. Antonio Puente, to make sure that I'm fit for duty. When I first went back to a recruiting office, the recruiter said they need a statement from the psychologist saying I'm fit for duty to send to a review board. I get that to the recruiter, but then they say they need documentation of all the appointments I made with the psychologist. I get those to the recruiter, but then they say that they need a copy of my DD-214. I had to have the Navy mail me a copy of the document, and I was able to get it to the recruiter. Now they're saying that they need statements from the psychologists who evaluated me at RTC stating why I was discharged to make sure I'm not lying about anything. Then they say that they don't even know if the Navy will be willing to provide waivers to prior servicemen right now. I don't understand what's going on anymore. It seems that everytime I get them the documents they need to send to a review board, they always say there's another piece of documentation they need. Now they're also saying the Navy may not be willing to provide waivers to prior servicemen.

So I guess my question is, do you know the whole list of documents that the Navy needs to apply for a waiver? Should I just have the Navy mail me my entire service record, and is the Navy even willing to provide waivers to prior service right now?

Thank you for your time.
    "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Guys, Stop making stuff up on this website. If you do not know what you are talking about, don't give your opinion. You are not helping anyone.

I am the Senior Recruiting Advisor for the team here at BUD/s. The information that we put come straight out of the navy, not your book case or a webpage.

The navy has shut done ALL PRIOR SERVICE. The economy is doing badly, and people are not getting out. Therefore, the navy does not need prior service to meet their manning requirements. The navy is doing just fine to meet it manning demands by recruiting civilians.

Any questions on this subject, feel free to contact me.

Senior Chief Gio

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Navy in general would be willing to accept prior service, but the NSW community isn't. It's because there are so many civilian applicants for NSW, and because job availability throughout the country is low, people aren't leaving. Or something along those lines. Search around the forums, and I'm sure you'll find your answer. If not, I'm sure one of the admins or someone from NSW will give you a reply here. You can also PM one of them, like Senior Chief Gio or someone with your question if you can't find your answer.
    Please "Private Message" me on this forum if you have questions. I will respond to you at my earliest convenience.

Former SEAL + SWCC Forum Moderator
    U.S. Navy SEAL + SWCC Scout Team

T: 888-USN-SEAL

I am the Senior Recruiting Advisor for the team here at BUD/s. The information that we put come straight out of the navy, not your book case or a webpage.

The navy has shut done ALL PRIOR SERVICE. The economy is doing badly, and people are not getting out. Therefore, the navy does not need prior service to meet their manning requirements. The navy is doing just fine to meet it manning demands by recruiting civilians.

Any questions on this subject, feel free to contact me.

Senior Chief Gio

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Please "Private Message" me on this forum if you have questions. I will respond to you at my earliest convenience.

Former SEAL + SWCC Forum Moderator
    U.S. Navy SEAL + SWCC Scout Team

T: 888-USN-SEAL

Thanks Senior Chief. Makes sense, it is definitely unfortunate, but that's life isn't it? No reason to stop training though, tomorrow policy can change.
    "Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war" Shakespeare
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

Senior, ALL prior service!? Does this include prior service navy? If so, YIKES!
    America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our people.
    George W. Bush

Does anyone know if the Navy has changed their policy on prior service in a different branch or are they still not doing prior service contracts. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    Does anyone know if the Navy has changed their policy on prior service in a different branch or are they still not doing prior service contracts. Thank you.
    I f anyone was wondering I found the answer and yes the policy about prior enlistment is still the same.