Page 28 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoo-ya hey, did you run today?!

Re: Hoo-ya hey, did you run today?!

Warm-up: 0.5 mile jog. Dynamic stretching.

LSD approximately 2.2 miles in 17:33

Cool-down: approximately 0.25 walk. Static stretching.

2.95 miles total in 27:33

(Note: had to cut this LSD short because of class. Will get a longer one in later this week)

Warmup: .5 mile jog, active warmup/ stretching.
    LSD 8.25 miles 1:12.36
    .5 mile light jog
    static stretching

4 miles somewhere in between 26 and 28 mins

15:37 2mile warm up
    33:08 4mile run
    I realize this is terrible, I have not run in 1 week and ran in very humid cold wet weather with shoes that are soaked and wearing neoprene shorts.
    "Do the right thing even if it means dying like a dog when no one's there to see you do it." Vice Admiral James Stockdale, Navy Pilot

I heard that the more excuses you make, the faster you get.

3.75 mi in 37:01. Starting phys therapy on my back on Thursday. Yay...

1 Mile CHI at 9:20 pace everyday since Wednesday. (I know it's slow for others but it's fast for me.)

Saturday 2/25/12

Warm-up: 0.5 mile jog. Dynamic stretching.

CHI 2.25 miles in 16:00

Cool-down: jog and walk for 12:00. Static stretching.

Approximately 3.25 miles in 33:00

Today 2/27/12

Warm-up: 0.5 mile jog and quick sprint. Dynamic stretching.

LSD 3.5 miles in 29:58

Cool-down: 0.5 miles light jog and walk. Static stretching.

4.5 miles in 41:58

400 m warmup
    active stretching
    10.51 mile LSD 1:34' 42
    400 m cool down
    Static stretching

originally was supposed to be a 9.5 mile run but a wrong turn made it a 10.5 lol.

Seeing some of these runs make me feel like I'm terrible haha, but hey everyone starts out somewhere.

1.25 Mile Run 9:20 Pace CHI yesterday and today.

.75 mile warm-up jog on asphalt
    3 mile cross-country up hill run( increased elevation by 100 feet in less than 400m)
    .75 mile warm-up on asphalt
    stretch
    Just wondering is it beneficial at all to do hill training, or should you just run mostly flat courses?

yes running up hill is going to help you when you get to BUD/S becuase your going to have to carry 60 lbs of equipment up hill while you are wet. I got a hill in my back yard that is very steep and long. I run it with a weight vest on.

First off, Jtrex don't worry about anyone else's runs. Just keep up the hard work, brother.

Wednesday 2/29/12

Warm-up: Dynamic stretching and acceleration run

INTERVALS 6x400m at 1:40 pace. 2:00 active recovery.

Cool-down: .25 walk. Static stretching.

Approximately 2.5 miles in 35:00

Today 3/2/12

Warm-up: 2 sets of dynamic stretching and acceleration runs.

CHI 2.5 miles in 17:00

Cool-down: jog and walk for 10:00. Static stretching.

3.25 miles in 37:34

800 m warmup jog
    active warmup/ stretching
    8x400m intervals with 3:00 recovery: 1:11x 1:12x 1:13x 1:15x 1:15x 1:17x1:17x 1:15.
    800 m cool down
    Active stretching

Quote Originally Posted by ewitkop View Post
    800 m warmup jog
    active warmup/ stretching
    8x400m intervals with 3:00 recovery: 1:11x 1:12x 1:13x 1:15x 1:15x 1:17x1:17x 1:15.
    800 m cool down
    Active stretching
    So this makes me wonder, whats more beneficial, a 3 minute recovery with faster times like you did, or, less of a recovery time (say only 1 minute), and slightly slower interval times (:80-:85 would probably be comparable)? I hear a lot of coaches saying you don't want to take long recoveries because you want your heart rate up the whole time, but it also seems to make sense to go full recovery so you can really put out and get a good time down, every time. Anyone have any good input on this?

Quote Originally Posted by iamtaliesin View Post
    So this makes me wonder, whats more beneficial, a 3 minute recovery with faster times like you did, or, less of a recovery time (say only 1 minute), and slightly slower interval times (:80-:85 would probably be comparable)? I hear a lot of coaches saying you don't want to take long recoveries because you want your heart rate up the whole time, but it also seems to make sense to go full recovery so you can really put out and get a good time down, every time. Anyone have any good input on this?
    I think you are right here, when I used to do track we would run these, wait like 30-45 seconds then do it again, it kinda sucked but it helped.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I try to follow what the ptg says; "if your current pace is 8:00- 8:30 then your 1/4 mile repeat time is 1:16-1:21 and your recovery is 2:32- 3:23". However, I don't have a track backround, and basically the PTG has been my only basis for run workouts. My plan was to steadily increase my number of reps performed in a single session with my current pace.

The PTG explains its progression:
    "The format consists of running 1/4 mile intervals, allowing a recovery period of 2-2 1/2 times the amount of time it takes to perform the work interval. Your intensity or pace should be slightly faster than the pace of your most recent 1.5 mile run. Your 1/4 mile interval pace should initially be about 4 seconds faster than your base pace.... Begin your interval workouts with 4 intervals per session, and build progressively toward completing 10 intervals. Do not run more than 10 intervals during an interval session. When you can complete 10 intervals in the prescribed times, work on gradually performing the intervals a little faster each week. Work on consistency, trying to keep little variation between fastest and slowest times".

Basically, you should combine the two thought process we have. You want to have your heart rate up but you don't want huge jumps in numbers. Right now I am going to focus on reaching the 10 intervals in a single session with my current pace and recovery, and then after I reach 10 I am going to work on doing them faster while dropping the recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by ewitkop View Post
    I was actually wondering the same thing. I try to follow what the ptg says; "if your current pace is 8:00- 8:30 then your 1/4 mile repeat time is 1:16-1:21 and your recovery is 2:32- 3:23". However, I don't have a track backround, and basically the PTG has been my only basis for run workouts. My plan was to steadily increase my number of reps performed in a single session with my current pace.

The PTG explains its progression:
    "The format consists of running 1/4 mile intervals, allowing a recovery period of 2-2 1/2 times the amount of time it takes to perform the work interval. Your intensity or pace should be slightly faster than the pace of your most recent 1.5 mile run. Your 1/4 mile interval pace should initially be about 4 seconds faster than your base pace.... Begin your interval workouts with 4 intervals per session, and build progressively toward completing 10 intervals. Do not run more than 10 intervals during an interval session. When you can complete 10 intervals in the prescribed times, work on gradually performing the intervals a little faster each week. Work on consistency, trying to keep little variation between fastest and slowest times".

Basically, you should combine the two thought process we have. You want to have your heart rate up but you don't want huge jumps in numbers. Right now I am going to focus on reaching the 10 intervals in a single session with my current pace and recovery, and then after I reach 10 I am going to work on doing them faster while dropping the recovery.
    If 3:00 works for you do it, cause those are pretty good 400 times

Getting back into the PTG after my tough mudder... LSD today 6 miles in the windiest conditions I have ever run in. Almost positive on one up hill section into the wind I stopped making forward progress for a few seconds. Insanely windy, still managed a nice 9:00/mile pace which I'll take after three weeks off running. EASY DAY gents!

800 m warmup jog
    Active warmup/ stretching
    20 min CHI 3.05 miles
    800 m cool down
    static stretching