Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

What's your diet look like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your diet look like?

There was something called the SOF Nutrition Guide that used to be on the main site, but it got taken down with the new update. So, I'm wondering, what does your diet look like? Macros, specific meals/ snacks, etc. Also would love to hear how you guys time your meals with your workouts.

Any input is appreciated and I think we could start a good discussion with this thread. Feel free to bring up any diet topics/ questions you guys have!
    "Those who will not risk cannot win" - John Paul Jones

Here is what I generally eat throughout the day. I kinda just came up with it myself and have found it to work well for me to maintain my weight (6'2" 175) while doing weights and following the PTG.

Breakfast: 3 whole eggs and 1 egg worth of egg whites mixed with a Jimmy Dean skillet containing potatoes peppers and sausage, coffee, oatmeal, and fruit. I either will make a fruit smoothie or just have some strawberries, bananas, and blueberries

Lunch: I meal prep my lunches out for the week since I'm in college and don't usually have time to make them during the day. But I will do ground chicken / turkey or diced chicken breast with quinoa or brown rice with a chipotle ranch to give it some flavor.

Dinner: Varies from chicken salad with guac - lettuce - cheese ..... to things like salmon, steak, chicken fajitas, usually paired with potatoes or vegetables

Post workout: I usually make a protein shake with chocolate protein powder, milk, peanut butter, and half a banana - 75g protein, 20g carbs, 5g fat. Sometimes I use this as a meal if I workout around lunchtime.

Snacks: Almonds, kind bars, yogurt. I generally try not to snack when possible

I think the totals come out to around 2,500 calories, 200g protein, 150g carbs, 80g fat. But it can vary between the day.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to seeing others diets as well!
    Last edited by gsmith35; 03-08-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Here's a link to the nutrition guide : http://hprc-online.org/nutrition/per...utrition-guide

Comment

My diet is currently based on trying to gain muscle mass. They always say you don't need to get huge for BUD/S, but I used to be very skinny. Going into college a year and a half ago I was 6'1" 140lbs. I am currently 170lbs due to my diet and weightlifting. I will likely keep this up until I am around 180lbs and start focusing on the PTG and not so much on gaining mass.

Breakfast: 3 eggs, greek yogurt, either potato or bagel with peanut butter, fruit
        Lunch: chicken egg and cheese sub, salad, protein bar, small side of pasta
        Dinner: This varies the most but generally some sort of meat: chicken, steak, turkey, fish, etc. with potatoes, vegetables, pasta, cereal for dessert
        Before bed: Two egg and cheese on english muffins
        Post workout: whey protein shake

Usually around 3,200 calories with ~390G carbs ~260G protein ~100G fat give or take.

Comment

Maintaining/slight deficit at 155lbs and training a modified PTG. 4000-4200 Cals. Roughly 550 carbs, 180 protein, 120 fat.

College budget, so food breakdown is whatever is on sale...

Proteins: eggs, chicken, whey, cheese/milk, and ground turkey if it's on sale.
          Carbs: Fruit, rice, oats, potatoes, bagels, cereal, ice cream.
          Fats: Olive oil, peanut butter, salad dressings
          Veggies: Whatever is on sale, but usually a combination of kale, spinach, carrots, and broccoli 5+servings per day

When I'm home from school and don't have to buy my own food, I eat significantly more fish...

Comment

I tracked my macros just for my body to look good for the girls. I am still in high school so I do bunch of bodybuilding workouts along with my PTG work.
            Eating at deficit and cooking all my meals before school/work.

Comment

Originally posted by KULNAH View Post
              Maintaining/slight deficit at 155lbs and training a modified PTG. 4000-4200 Cals.
              4000 Calories is a deficit? Man are you working out like 4 hours a day?

Comment

Originally posted by pkom96 View Post

I thought the same thing.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far guys. And JB.. thanks for the link. Let's keep this up.

Comment

Originally posted by pkom96 View Post

Not quite haha. Just a naturally strong metabolism along with working out hard. Everyone in my family is a walking trash compactor. I drop weight like it's nothing if I don't overeat. Blessing for the civilian world, but it's gonna be a challenge to not whither away at BUD/S once we are really working out all day.

Comment

My diet is about gaining a lean amount of mass (and has worked very well for me). Currently 145lb. 5'8". Total is anywhere from 2500-3000 calories. Daily Averages. Carbs: 290g. Fats: 80g. Protein: 200g.

Morning Workout
                      Breakfast: 2 eggs (scrambled), 2 cups steel cut oats, Bagel w/ 1 tbsp. Cream Cheese, 1 Cup Greek Yogurt, 2 Nature Valley Granola Bars
                      Lunch: Chicken sandwich, 2 homemade oat bars, protein bar, 2 bananas, orange
                      Run
                      Dinner: Varies. Chicken, Red Meat, or Fish. Steamed vegetables, pasta, fruit salad
                      Night Workout
                      Post-Workout: Protein Shake w/ Chicken or pasta.

Comment

Working...
                      X