Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Protein powder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein powder

Do you guys think it's a good idea to use protein powder after a good workout?

Not after a run or swim, but after calisthenics or weight yeah I use protein.

Comment

That's a very general question, but yes its a good idea lol

Comment

Originally posted by FS Sugar Cookie View Post
        That's a very general question, but yes its a good idea lol
        I hear it shrinks your testicles O_o

Comment

Soy protein...not whey protein i believe

Comment

.82 grams per pound of body weight is the recommended value of protein for maximizing potential increase in lean muscle mass as indicated by numerous studies. If you are unable to reach this amount through your normal diet alone, then a protein supplement could come in handy. Just be aware these supplements aren't regulated and you will not be able to use them during BUDS or BCT from what I understand. Happy training.

Comment

Originally posted by california View Post
              .82 grams per pound of body weight is the recommended value of protein for maximizing potential increase in lean muscle mass as indicated by numerous studies. If you are unable to reach this amount through your normal diet alone, then a protein supplement could come in handy. Just be aware these supplements aren't regulated and you will not be able to use them during BUDS or BCT from what I understand. Happy training.
              This

I think getting carbs right after a workout is much more appropriate anyway.

Comment

I usually try to get as much protein in a day as possible. Eating eggs, chicken, steak, powder, whatever. And usually end up eating 1.3 g of protein per 1 lb of my weight. But I do recommend taking it after workouts and even swims/runs if they were hard enough

Comment

just remember that the body can only take in so much protein before you start pissing it out so just try to take in a gram per pound of body weight and yes after a workout is the best because of the anibolic window which states the timeframe after a workout where you have the best chance of building lean mass through nutrition. although diferent people argue how long this window is just make it the sooner the better after a workout

Comment

I have heard that most of them use protein powder.

Comment

Working...
                    X