Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Water Intoxication?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Intoxication?

I have heard and read things that drinking a gallon of water a day can give you water intoxication if drank too fast. Is there any specific pace that you should drink your gallon of water to prevent from getting sick?

Thanks.

You are worrying about something that very few people ever get and you should be "worrying" about your PST numbers instead.

Just drink whenever you are thirsty.

Comment

the alternative is avoid water at all cost and drink whiskey and gasoline

Comment

As an avid whiskey and gasoline drinker, I can confirm that this will allow you to avoid water. However, wearing shirts will become difficult due to chest hair turning into razor wire.

Comment

Is it best to maybe mix the whiskey and gasoline into a summer cocktail? sometimes its hard to get it down drinking it straight. With the razor wire issue whats the best way to groom it to be able to wear shirts again?

Comment

nope absolutely not, if not drinking directly you will get every type of intoxication ever all at once and die. however this will avoid the bush of barbed from growing so theres a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdams522 View Post
              I have heard and read things that drinking a gallon of water a day can give you water intoxication if drank too fast. Is there any specific pace that you should drink your gallon of water to prevent from getting sick?

Thanks.
              The average person should drink half his body weight in ounces, i.e., if you are 200 pounds then drink 100 ounces of water per day. For those in training, this increases to a ratio of 3/4 of your body weight. Hence, in the previous example you would drink 150 ounces per day. This is according to the nutritionist here at the Center.

Obviously, you drink at a reasonable pace and spread out your intake throughout the day.
              Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
              35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

I read a similar article to this point.

Comment

Working...
                X