Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Weight Gain?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Gain?

I have a very hard time gaining weight. It takes me about 2-3 weeks just to gain 3-5 pounds. I started drinking half a gallon to a gallon of milk a day because I read that that can drastically increase the amount of weight I put on. Is that bad or unhealthy?

If you're not gaining weight you're probably either not eating enough, on the wrong lifting program, or both. As for the milk thing, there are probably better ways to get those calories lol but I don't know if it's bad for you, thats more of a question for a dietician.

Comment

Originally posted by Jman4 View Post
      If you're not gaining weight you're probably either not eating enough, on the wrong lifting program, or both. As for the milk thing, there are probably better ways to get those calories lol but I don't know if it's bad for you, thats more of a question for a dietician.
      I track my calories and I eat about 2900 a day without the milk.The lifting program could definitely be part of my problem though. I

Comment

With the lifting, depending on how long you have till you plan on joining the navy, you should go on a hypertrophy program. Cut back on your running and swimming and your lifting should move toward higher reps and sets. If you have the money, check out Jeff Nichols hypertrophy. If you're eating right you should gain a good amount of weight on it.

Comment

Do not forget the difference between gaining weight and gaining weight the right way. Strive to gain weight while increasing your strength and endurance. Gain muscle mass, not fat. Otherwise you will grow and your PST scores will diminish. The more you weigh, the more you have the lift with every pushup, sit up, and pull up. Keep that in mind. Gaining weight the right way will take time and hard work. It can be done but the quick fix will cause you more issues down the road than you realize.

Comment

If you can't gain weight eat more and you should should be tracking your calories and protein. You said you are eating about 2900 calories a day and not gaining weight you need to add 250-500 calories to that number and eat that. Keep adding calories until you start gaining about .5-1 pound per week. Follow a good program such as Jeff Nichols programs.

Comment

Working...
            X