Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

First official PST tomorrow!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Matos
    started a topic First official PST tomorrow!!

First official PST tomorrow!!

I'm not sure if this is where i should post this, so i'm sorry if this is the wrong section. Anyways, I took my ASVAB last week and had my physical done. I was pretty disappointed in my ASVAB score. My recruiter told me that it's possible that i got one of the harder test they give out. We were both shocked that i scored so low. He predicted me scoring way higher based on my practice ASVAB score. I was a point off to qualify for a SEAL contract but I also spoke with my mentor for the first time last week and he said that getting a waiver for it shouldn't be a problem. I'm going to go meet him for the first time tomorrow and take my first official PST. I am pretty nervous yet extremely excited to go take it. One question i had was for the push ups; Is the resting position with your butt in the air? when i tried doing a mock PST this is how i did it and wanted to know if this was incorrect. My mentor said goggles were NOT allowed on the swim which sucks because I've never tried doing the 500 yards without goggles. I'm not gonna blame a bad swim time on not having goggles though, i think i'll just suck it up and keep my eyes open most of the swim, and hopefully i don't regret it later on. If anyone has any tips for before and during the PST, that would be awesome! Thanks for reading

• JJones
    replied
    Originally posted by Samuel Matos View Post
    Turns out not having the goggles wasn't as bad as i thought. I'm guessing it's because the water where i usually swim probably has a lot more chlorine in it than the base we took the PST. Anyways, thank you all for responding!
    Nice, good to hear bro!

Leave a comment:

• Samuel Matos
    replied
    Turns out not having the goggles wasn't as bad as i thought. I'm guessing it's because the water where i usually swim probably has a lot more chlorine in it than the base we took the PST. Anyways, thank you all for responding!

Leave a comment:

• JJones
    replied
    It's definitely a mentor by mentor basis. The mentor in my district doesn't allow them. I guess if you can pass a PST without them then it will be easier with them. In my district there is absolutely no butt in the air. Straight back the whole time.

Leave a comment:

• mlw418
    replied
    The mask/ goggle thing is more of a mentor preference, but definitely get used to not having one.

Leave a comment:

• TJames_6
    replied
    We are allowed to use masks at our PST's, but when you get to boot camp and prep you DO take PST's and no goggles or masks are allowed, i'd say train with both. Just be prepared when you show up to your first official PST. Also the leaning rest position is not allowed during PST's and some mentors will even DQ(Disqualify) you for the rest of the PST if you do so, if you need a rest just stay in push up position, no butt in the air at all.

Leave a comment:

• Samuel Matos
    replied
    They let you use masks? I did not know that. If this is the case(i will ask my mentor tomorrow) i will definitely be buying some. But the thing is... will they let you use masks at boot camp when you take the PST there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X