Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Second Mock Pst

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second Mock Pst

Hi everyone just wanted to give an update on my PST progress. Been working alot on strength while letting my run slip up a little bit. I have a running background in cross country and track so I know i can get to around a 9 minute mile and a half quickly. (Not in DEP yet but if anyone knows how these scores stack up against drafted scores please let me know!)

Latest results:
    Swim: 8:56
    Push ups: 65
    Sit ups: 70
    Pull-ups: 16
    Run: 9:40

Previous Results 12/04/18
    ??????Swim: 9:40
    Pushups- 55
    Situps- 61
    Pullups- 15
    Run: 9:25

If I'm correct autoqual numbers are 9:30 run and swim, 75 push ups and sit ups, and 15 pull ups. So hit those and then keep going. Max them out.

Comment

Yup Bryan thats exactly what I am working towards before i even think about entering DEP

Comment

Do 300 push and 300 sit per day. One day of rest per week. Keep a training journal of every workout and mock PST. If you start setting PR's you will then notice improvement. Everything else looks promising. My numbers look similar, contracted for SWCC. You will do awesome if you continue training.

Comment

Originally posted by Holloway89 View Post
          Do 300 push and 300 sit per day. One day of rest per week. Keep a training journal of every workout and mock PST. If you start setting PR's you will then notice improvement. Everything else looks promising. My numbers look similar, contracted for SWCC. You will do awesome if you continue training.
          Absolutely do not do 300 pushups and sit ups per day. This is very bad advice. For muscles to grow and become more resilient they need to be stressed, but they also need time to recover. You could do every other day if that is your prerogative, but you need to give your muscles time to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by jlhota View Post

Absolutely do not do 300 pushups and sit ups per day. This is very bad advice. For muscles to grow and become more resilient they need to be stressed, but they also need time to recover. You could do every other day if that is your prerogative, but you need to give your muscles time to recover.
            It's not that it's suggested that you do 300 push 300 sit per day. It's that you set that as a goal. There have been days where I bust out only 150 or 200. I have never gone a week where I followed through completely on this because there is always excuses. Got home late, family event, too tired, etc. But sticking to this as a primary goal has helped immensely on my PST scores.

Comment

Working...
            X