Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training

If any of you guys need advice and some tips on how to train the correct way, reach out to me and send me a PM. I was in two BUD/S classes, and plan on submitting another package to go back in a few months.

Id rather pm someone who passed BUD/s and/or SQT no offense just being a realist...

Really awesome of you to offer from experience but there is more than enough training advice from graduates.

Not trying to sound like an a-hole even though I might. Just being honest.

Why would I ask a BUD/s tryout for advice when I could go to resources like SEALfit or SEAL GRINDER PT or Team Never Quit or Stew Smith.

Just being real and honest is all brother. Id be really skeptical of someone who has tried out for BUD/s twice and is yet to pass. Only person I met who went to BUD/s twice, passed on their second try and went on to become a RADM.

There's more reasons that just physical that you will get failed for.
    "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by BearPole View Post
      Id rather pm someone who passed BUD/s and/or SQT no offense just being a realist...

Really awesome of you to offer from experience but there is more than enough training advice from graduates.

Not trying to sound like an a-hole even though I might. Just being honest.

Why would I ask a BUD/s tryout for advice when I could go to resources like SEALfit or SEAL GRINDER PT or Team Never Quit or Stew Smith.
      BearPole, I'm looking for swim advice, and how to better my lap times. As far as cardio goes, I've been doing 100m swim, take a rest, 300m swim followed up with a 1.5-2 mile run, and then ending the cardio with a 500m swim. As yet, I have not looked into training courses or tips from other websites.

Right now, my 500m sidestroke hovers around the 9.5 minute ballpark, but I would like to drop that down to sub 9 if possible. Also, any advice on how to practice a drowning compadre rescue?

My run time and strength training is on point, just need better swim times.

Comment

Originally posted by BodhiTree View Post

BearPole, I'm looking for swim advice, and how to better my lap times. As far as cardio goes, I've been doing 100m swim, take a rest, 300m swim followed up with a 1.5-2 mile run, and then ending the cardio with a 500m swim. As yet, I have not looked into training courses or tips from other websites.

Right now, my 500m sidestroke hovers around the 9.5 minute ballpark, but I would like to drop that down to sub 9 if possible. Also, any advice on how to practice a drowning compadre rescue?

My run time and strength training is on point, just need better swim times.
        Im the last guy to talk to about swim times and distance etc. I think its all bs. Ive never tracked a distance or timed anything in my life. I just get after it until exhausted and then more. Just look at how many guys still fail even with good numbers ;)

There are more knowledgeable members on this site that could give you better answers on improvement for times and distance, I don't concern myself with those. My best advice is perfect the basic movements and execute them correctly and speed will follow. Just keep pushing it.

As far as rescuing a drown victim. Learn water carry techniques and rescue procedures, main thing is keep their airholes above water line. Maybe take a lifeguard course and seek employment. My favoured technique is to grab from behind under the arms and brace the neck by holding the jaw(one hand) or sides of head (two hand) while keeping head above water and egg beater backwards. You can do this with one or two hands one handed if you really gotta hustle. Find a buddy who will hold his breath until you are capable to get his airways above water. No fun trying to reenact a scenario when your actor is garbage.

Take it for what its worth I am no expert. Try some of the resources mentioned or referance the NSW PTG on this website, as it was compiled by experts like Mike Caviston. You can also message Mr. Caviston directly on this website to soak up some of his Frog wisdom.
        Last edited by BearPole; 03-20-2018, 01:38 PM. Reason: I duns goofed eh
        "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
        X