Announcement

Collapse

New Combat Side Stroke Guide

Improve your swim. Use the Naval Special Warfare Combat Side Stroke Guide.

Visit: http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-co...oke-guide.html
See more
See less

Swim Form - NSWPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swim Form - NSWPS

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xy0uVTpQ9Ms

Cool video. Reminds me I need to swim even more focusing on form and minimal drag. Nice disclaimers at the end. Pretty hidden youtube channel never came across them until recent forums posts.

I was taught hyperventilation diving at age 3 and remember so and have done it since. Have drown proofed since too, majority solo. Only into my adult life have I come to learn its not recommended to be done alone bahaha... guess my father and grandfather were trying to toughen me up lol, that or welcome me to death at a young age. I still drown proof alone in a 10ft pool, am confident in doing so. I still hyperventilate dive but only with a max of three-four breaths when practicing underwater pool length swims or breath holds. Might not be reccomended, even I dont reccomend it for novice swimmers, but its a good trick to have and practice. You won't always be able to grab all the air you need and knowing how to do it quick I think is good to know. As far as blacking out or feeling off from doing it I've never experienced such things.
    "Lord, let me not prove unworthy of my brothers."

"Ace Ventura: If you were me, then I'd be you, and I'd use *your* body to get to the top. You can't stop me no matter who you are!"

“Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

Comment

Just to reiterate, we do not want candidates practicing breath holding techniques or underwater skills outside of Naval Special Warfare Prep School.

Coach J
      NSW Coach

Comment

Working...
      X