Announcement

Collapse

Official Podcast Now Posted!

The Official Navy SEAL & SWCC podcast, "The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday", is now posted in the Downloads section [https://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-podcast.html]. Hear from real, active duty Navy SEALs, SWCC, and key support staff from NSW as they talk training, requirements, ethos, and more. Hooyah!
See more
See less

What is your newest PST?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your newest PST?

I know when I was 16 I would always be watching this forum to see how everyone would be doing on their PST. Your newest PST can be a Mock or Official.
    Ill start off
    Swim: 8:57
    Push: 64
    Sit: 105
    Pull: 13
    Run: 9:30
    You can also tell us how much you have progressed! I enjoyed seeing the progressions because it shows how dedicated you are.
    ***To all those 16-17 year olds still in high school don't give up, I remember starting to work out when I was 16 preparing for the PST. If you have not joined a sport I would recommend Cross Country, Swim, Outdoor Track. I hear all the time that people are "working out on their own" while in high school, trust me I have tried running by myself and it's not as easy as running with someone else or a full team. If you can join a sport team DO IT.***
    Last edited by Tito0210; 04-28-2017, 12:44 PM. Reason: Just realized I never put sit-ups in

Swim: 9:14
    Pushup: 59
    Situp: 81
    Pullup: 13
    Run: 10:00

working on my run for the next 2 weeks or so then going back to take another PST before the 15th of April to get put into the draft for the first time!

Comment

• Tito0210
      Tito0210 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Also try to add 3-5 pushups and 10 sit-ups, you are doing great!

Thanks man! I'm definitely working on push-ups and want to add at least 2-3 pull-ups as well. Your scores look great as well! Good job.

Comment

Doing unofficials on my own until June. Most recent as of like 2-3 weeks ago is:

Swim: 8:45
      Push: 90
      Sit: 110
      Pull: 26
      Run: 8:40

My push and pull fluctuate so much. Sometimes I'm good for 110/30, sometimes i struggle with 70/20 lol. Can't wait to start taking real ones. Good work boys

Comment

• Tito0210
        Tito0210 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great job!!! Those scores are legit. The coordinators make us do wide grip pull-ups so I can't really get the 20+ that I wanted. Keep working hard man.

Currently waiting on DEP to process my outside blood pressure results (they were high at DEP due to stress and personal events taking place)
      Previous mock PST
      Swim: 8:45
      Push: 80
      Sit: 85
      Pull: 18
      Run: 9:45
      AFQT: 85

Comment

• Tito0210
        Tito0210 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great scores! Good luck!

• Blackwood
        Blackwood commented
        Editing a comment
        Blood pressure results were cleared! swearing in on Tuesday, one week from today! F***ing pumped!!

• Tito0210
        Tito0210 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow!! Congratulations!!!!

Swim: 8:28
      Push: 75
      Sit: 81
      Pull: 20
      Biggest focus right now is running, but also plenty on push/sit/pull in that order

Comment

• Tito0210
        Tito0210 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lookin' good

Originally posted by e46hooyah View Post
      Swim: 8:28
      Push: 75
      Sit: 81
      Pull: 20
      Biggest focus right now is running, but also plenty on push/sit/pull in that order
      If you don't mind me asking, what is your ASVAB score?

Comment

• e46hooyah
        e46hooyah commented
        Editing a comment
        This is not an official PST, still have some time before I decide to start the process. I took the ASVAB my sophomore year of high school and I did pretty well, but can't remember my exact scores. It's been a while

• Blackwood
        Blackwood commented
        Editing a comment
        e46hooyah roger that, solid scores nonetheless.

• e46hooyah
        e46hooyah commented
        Editing a comment
        Blackwood thanks man. Kill it on your upcoming PST

First PST on the 29th!! who else will be PSTing in SD? lets get some! HOOOOYAH!

Comment

I take my practice PST with my Special Warfare recruiter next week ill post my score once I take it. I took a 500m swim time a few hours ago and managed to hit 7:49 hopefully I could get my time around that time for next week too. Wish the best of luck to everyone

P.S excuse my name I made this account when I was 14 (I'm 17 now) and I had no idea how ridiculous the named sounded back then

Comment

Swim: 8:30
          Pushups: 105
          Situps: 85
          Pullups: 32 deadhang
          Run: 8:50
          Unoffical but these are my best scores so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle56 View Post
            Swim: 8:30
            Pushups: 105
            Situps: 85
            Pullups: 32 deadhang
            Run: 8:50
            Unoffical but these are my best scores so far.
            What have you done to get those scores?
            "Those who will not risk cannot win" - John Paul Jones

Comment

• erinoconnormusic
              erinoconnormusic commented
              Editing a comment
              What were your PST scores like when you first began training? And how long has it been between day 1 and now? Thanks!

• Eagle56
              Eagle56 commented
              Editing a comment
              Almost a 9 month process for the pullups but when I started I could only do 5 reps max. Pushups was around 40-50 same with situps. The run was prolly at 11mins but it wasnt so hard to achieve after I dropped 40lbs from football season same with the swim.

• erinoconnormusic
              erinoconnormusic commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, Eagle56

Took my first official PST today with a 50m pool
            9:11
            10:05
            I plan on crushing that run next week with some proper conditioning on the track. Feels good to get these going

Comment

• Tito0210
              Tito0210 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hooyah!
              Great scores

Just took my second official PST
            Auto qualified
            8:49
            9:09
            ​​​​

Comment

• Samuel Matos
              Samuel Matos commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow you dropped almost a minute off your run! What were your track workouts like?

• Blackwood
              Blackwood commented
              Editing a comment
              I am doing 1.5 mi repeats, 800m intervals aiming for less than 3 min each time, and about 4/400m intervals aiming for about 1min range. lunges afterwards for a quarter mile or so helped a lot. And for my longer run in the week I would only do about 4.5mi. I was also more rested and ate a solid breakfast. Drank 100oz of water yesterday as well which I think helped a ton. It had only been a week and a half since my first PST.

8:25 Swim
            108 push
            86 sit
            24 pull
            8:46 run
            as of feb 3

Comment

Working...
            X