leg strength

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leg strength

evreytime I look at pictures of guys who made it through training they always seem to have pretty good upper body strength but huge legs how much should I be squatting or lunging or whats the best leg workout to get stronger legs right now I have a lot of upper body strength and my upper body is bigger than my lower body I can still run fast sprint wise and long distance but evry time I start swimming my legs get killed and I know its due to strength and body type and techniqe so should I not worry about it and just keep running and swimming more often what should I do

swim: 11:36
    pushups: 81
    sit ups: 76
    pull ups: 20
    run: 9:15

megamind444, you don't need to be a gold medal weightlifter to make it through training but having the strength and endurance to withstand the rigors depends on the appropriate programming.

Before we go off determining what you need to put in your program, let's investigate your background. What sports have your participated in or are currently participating in?

Second, have you looked at the physical training guide that is on this site and is free? Along with that, there is a study posted on this site regarding exercises, sets, reps, and weight that fell within the spectrum of success and failure in the pipeline.

Lastly, your routine should be diverse so your body can "guess" and target areas such as your core. This is from the advice from several of my buddies who successfully made it through this program/similar programs. They told me to keep your program diverse and select exercises that targets your whole body and don't be afraid to establish rest periods. From their advice, when it comes to Olympic styled lifts, DO NOT exceed 1-1.5 the times of your body weight and work up to 12-15 reps and focus on injury prevention. They say that you'll have plenty of opportunities to push yourself when you get into the pipeline. During your preparation, focus on the PST to get selected for a contract, not necessarily BUD/S itself yet...can't go to BUD/S if you don't have your orders to go. Again, take a look at the resources that is on this site to get you started.

Comment

Roboscout 302 Wow man thanks for the ad bro its always nice to hear from people who have actually done it, diversify my training and get my scores on par with the ones on the website of those who made it through hell week and dont lift more than 1-1.5 times body weight at 12-15 reps is what I took away thanks Boss

Comment

Originally posted by megamind444 View Post
        Roboscout 302 Wow man thanks for the ad bro its always nice to hear from people who have actually done it, diversify my training and get my scores on par with the ones on the website of those who made it through hell week and dont lift more than 1-1.5 times body weight at 12-15 reps is what I took away thanks Boss
        No problem. Keep in mind, this is just an idea to reduce the risk of injuring yourself before you even set foot in the program. Last couple of years, several of my buddies were either set back or could not even get in due to common injuries such knee surgery, rotator cuff tears, and spondylolisthesis, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by megamind444 View Post
          evreytime I look at pictures of guys who made it through training they always seem to have pretty good upper body strength but huge legs how much should I be squatting or lunging or whats the best leg workout to get stronger legs right now I have a lot of upper body strength and my upper body is bigger than my lower body I can still run fast sprint wise and long distance but evry time I start swimming my legs get killed and I know its due to strength and body type and techniqe so should I not worry about it and just keep running and swimming more often what should I do

swim: 11:36
          pushups: 81
          sit ups: 76
          pull ups: 20
          run: 9:15
          If your legs are getting killed while you’re swimming, you’re doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X