Announcement

Collapse

Scout Team Road Trip

Would you be interested in attending an event to find out more about us and maybe get in a little workout? We're putting together a list of places for a road trip. PM Scott Williams (Admin)and tell him your location.
See more
See less

Corpsman to SEALs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corpsman to SEALs

I am currently at Fort Sam Houston for HM A School. My question is: can I put in a package now or wait until I finish my A School?

PS: I don't like HM much...they just put me in there during DEP.

Re: Corpsman to SEALs

You need to complete your A school and serve two years before you may apply for SO or SB.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

hellfire1234 You got to do your time as a HM first and when you reach the half way point in your orders then you may put in your package. You should look into SARC if you want the Job. There Know joke you are more likly to go SO from SARC anway. They take your PST score from your Recon school.
      HN(FMF) PALKO

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Comment

Why is it easier to transfer from SARC to SEAL than from HM? The demand for SARC candidates being high, wouldn't the command have a hard time letting you go? Especially after spending so much money on training.

I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but I've asked the exact same question were I proposed SARC as a rate to get in the Navy before going SEALs. It's in interesting rate with a few courses that could carry over well to SEALs, but still sombody replied and told me to go in a rate that wouldn't invest so much.

Comment

I'm curious about this as well. If I enlist I would definitely go corpsman, and wouldn't mind doing two years with a marine infantry unit or recon battalion, but my goal is to become a SEAL. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you,
          Gordon

Comment

Any person in a Navy rating (with few exceptions) may submit a package for lateral conversion to SO. You must have 2 years time at your present duty station before submitting a package, HM included.
            Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
            35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Williams View Post
              Any person in a Navy rating (with few exceptions) may submit a package for lateral conversion to SO. You must have 2 years time at your present duty station before submitting a package, HM included.
              Thank you for the prompt response, but if someone with a SO contract was to fail BUD/S would they be allowed to go for HM right after or would they have to do the 2 year fleet assignment?

Thank you,
              Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon_075 View Post
                Thank you for the prompt response, but if someone with a SO contract was to fail BUD/S would they be allowed to go for HM right after or would they have to do the 2 year fleet assignment?

Thank you,
                Gordon
                Once you DOR/ fail out you choose another rate for your 2 year tour, HM being one of the most popular, when I went to FMTB we had half a dozen BUD/S drops. Something to be mindful of though is that with the guys that I met had to go HM and then mandatory Dental Technician C-School, so getting HM might have some stipulations.

-Doc

Comment

Working...
                X