Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Determine whether waiver is necessary without recruiter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determine whether waiver is necessary without recruiter

I am trying to determine whether or not my meniscus stitch (3-4 years ago) and my elbow arthroscopy (6 months ago) will require a waiver. I have read through the MANMED and I could only find DQ conditions for recent/current meniscal problems. There was nothing about an elbow arthroscopy that I am aware of. It was essentially scraping out some scar tissue. I have called MEPS about this and they told me that my recruiter inquire about this through the appropriate channel. First off, is there anyone on here that knows the answer? No current problems with anything (performance, motion etc. ) I am leaving for Europe shortly and I am not at my place of residents so having a recruiter help me out is kind of difficult (they have better things to do than help someone out who doesnt live here), although I will try. If I contact the US embassy abroad would they be able to get an answer for me? I will contact a recruiter when I return for my senior year of college, however this is quite far down the line and I would like to get this started. Also, the meniscus stitch was done in Europe and I will need to get the paperwork (if required) from there, so Im hoping I can get this done over this trip. Thanks in advance

Re: Determine whether waiver is necessary without recruiter

Originally posted by sradwanski View Post
    I am trying to determine whether or not my meniscus stitch (3-4 years ago) and my elbow arthroscopy (6 months ago) will require a waiver. I have read through the MANMED and I could only find DQ conditions for recent/current meniscal problems. There was nothing about an elbow arthroscopy that I am aware of. It was essentially scraping out some scar tissue. I have called MEPS about this and they told me that my recruiter inquire about this through the appropriate channel. First off, is there anyone on here that knows the answer? No current problems with anything (performance, motion etc. ) I am leaving for Europe shortly and I am not at my place of residents so having a recruiter help me out is kind of difficult (they have better things to do than help someone out who doesnt live here), although I will try. If I contact the US embassy abroad would they be able to get an answer for me? I will contact a recruiter when I return for my senior year of college, however this is quite far down the line and I would like to get this started. Also, the meniscus stitch was done in Europe and I will need to get the paperwork (if required) from there, so Im hoping I can get this done over this trip. Thanks in advance

Check this doc out too...

dod directive 6130 series.. it has other conditions in it too. but my best advice is to GO TO MEPS and have them determine weather or not you need a waiver. if so they will send it to the appropriate waiver authority to get it waived if I can be. best of luck dude

Comment

Working...
    X