Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Exercise Induced Asthma and ACL reconstruction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise Induced Asthma and ACL reconstruction

I am 14 years old and aspire to be a SEAL. I was just wondering about my Exercise Induced asthma and an ACL reconstruction surgery, I know that asthma is a DQ at MEPS but this happened when I was 8 and lasted till I was 10 or 11, and the only documentation of this happening was when I was 8. I also had and ACL reconstruction done when I was 11. Would I be still DQ'd or would they have me sign a waiver for either of these, I just don't want to train and work hard to achieve something, then be told that these 2 things from childhood will disqualify you from being in the Navy. I never went to the ER or nothing else for my asthma, I just took my puffs when needed and now it is long gone for now. I am also just curious if prescriptions and drug refills are required medical forms for meps, I just want to know what type of medical forms they request.
Working...
X