Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Seal disqualification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seal disqualification

So about a two weeks ago i took my first PST an did good not as good as i wanted but still above what was needed and then about a week later i was told i was given a seal contract and was good to go. Then i went to my DEP meeting and my recruiter told me that because i put on my medical at Meps that a few years ago i went to a chiropractor about a little back pain i had and got it fixed i was a liability and it disqualified me from becoming a seal. I no longer have any back pain its never affect me in any way ive still been training, still have full range of motion never lost it but "n3m Medical" who ever that is says im a no go even though i was already told i got the contract. My recruiter and my mentor are trying to "pull some strings" for me but im a bit worried i haven't heard anything from my recruiter or my mentor so i wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem and if anything can be done, or if i need to worry.

Just keep trying, I can't say much for you, other than just being on your best behavior, don't get any other injuries if you can, and excel at every test they throw at you. Good Luck man, talk to us if you make it. Other than that, good luck brother.
    "Discipline Equals Freedom" - John "Jocko" Willink

Comment

Im kind of in the same boat as you but just trying to DEP in im not going to say much about it because it is an on going process still. I can relate to the fact it is scary as hell, if i were you i would keep going to the PST and keep getting great scores to show that you healthy and improving. good luck bro keep me updated id like to know what happens.

Comment

Working...
      X