Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Active Duty- Need Help. HSV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Duty- Need Help. HSV

So, I've been browsing the forums to see if anyone has had any similar issues to mine so far no luck. I've been in about 3 1/2 years about to take my PST for a SWCC contract here in the next couple of weeks. I have HSV that I picked up 3 years ago from a girl I was dating and am wondering if there is any way to obtain a waiver for that or if it's instant DQ. I do not have any symptoms, nor do I take medication for it. I looked through the Man Med and could not find anything specific however I suppose it could possibly fall under the general portion.
    ......has
    the potential of being significantly exacerbated by
    extreme weather, stress, or fatigue is disqualifying.
    In all cases the potential for a condition to disrupt
    future operations through exacerbation and/or medi-
    cal evaculation (MEDEVAC) should be considered.
    (2) Any disease or condition that may be
    significantly exacerbated by the hyper/hypobaric
    environment.

Any help or more information would be greatly appreciated.Thank you. - PO3
    Last edited by Grimm; 12-21-2016, 09:24 PM.

I'm just making sure that you mean Herpes Simplex Virus 2, not HSV1. This may seem **** but you never know on the forums anymore. The only thing I would say that can help you is that it is not a debilitating disease when it does appear. Another thing to remember that diseases caused by viruses like HSV will usually only cause symptoms during times of being immune compromised. Now through both training, an active duty your immune system will be weak due to being sleep deprived, malnourished among many other causes. So I would probably suggest just calling the MEPs before wasting all of your time.

Comment

• Diplomat
      Diplomat commented
      Editing a comment
      Scott1995,

Curious as to why you ask Grimm to clarify HSV1 vs HSV2? Does Navy not treat as the same?

I'm curious because MEPS formerly listed my having HSV1 on my chin/face region, which I had picked up from years of wrestling and was taking a low preventative dosage of Valtrex for, as a factor in my being permanently disqualified.

You are correct. And I think you misunderstood my first post. I am already as of now active duty. And it has not ever been an issue. When it is there it's almost nothing and is good and gone within a few days. It doesn't effect my job or my training routines.

Comment

Working...
    X