Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

Age waivers for reservists?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age waivers for reservists?

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting in the forum. Sorry if I've posted my questions in the wrong place. I'm currently a civilian with prior AD service (Navy, ET2). After a nasty MEDSEP due to a motorcycle accident, I went to school, got my degree, and I'm now looking to get a SO contract. I'm 26.5 years old, and I'm working through the training guide posted on this website. I'm staying wary of the max age to get an SO contract (29 I think?). With all that background, here are some questions:

1.) With good PST scores, is a waiver for retained hardware going to be a problem? I have a rod in my femur and the inside of my right wrist looks like a clock.

2.) Talking with a recruiter, he said that the age requirement for reservists trying to cross-rate to SO was different from a civilian trying to get an SO contract. Since there often aren't billets open for prior service to get an SO contract, the recruiter suggests I affiliate with the reserves, then try to get a contract. I'm afraid that doing the reserve route might push me past the max age. Can anyone expound on this process? What is the timeline? Are the age requirements different between these 2 options? What are the chances that a waiver will be approved between the 2 options?

Thanks ahead for your answers and comments. Any advice or additional options to explore are welcome.
Working...
X