Announcement

Collapse

Manual of the Medical Department

Questions about medical procedures?
Go to http://www.med.navy.mil/directives/P...lications.aspx, scroll down to MANMED Change 126 (pages 51-112) and download the document. The pertinent section is Article 15-105 Naval Special Warfare and Special Operations.
See more
See less

manmed-p-117 clarification

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manmed-p-117 clarification

Thanks in advance for you time,

Stats:
    500 yard Swim: 8:50
    Push Ups: 80
    Sit Ups: 86
    Pull Ups: 18
    1.5 mile Run: 9:10
    3.1 mile run: 19:45

I have a question about the waiver regarding kidney stones. manmed-p-117 reads in section 15-47 "(13) Current or history of urolithiasis (592) within
    the preceding 12 months is disqualifying. Recurrent calculus, nephrocalcinosis, or bilateral renal calculi at any time is disqualifying."

I had a single 5.5mm kidney stone removed in August 2016, only one I've ever had. Dr. said he doesn't think I'll ever get another one.

If I wait until September of 2017 will I need a waiver? Or because it's been a year I won't need it. The language is confusing me. Will my above PST scores help my case?

(I've only been formally training for the PST for 3 weeks, otherwise I play a ton of sports. I'm hoping to shrink my swim by a full minute & run by 30 seconds!)

Thanks for your time.

you never had a kidney stone?

Comment

I had one stone in Aug of 2016. My question is, will I need a waiver once the one year wait is up?

Comment

Best option of finding out is to talk to a recruiter and talk to a few and try to match up their answers.

Comment

Working...
        X