Zen Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zen Training

I'm not suggesting to anyone about changing their religion. I'm not suggesting to anyone that they have to do this. I'm simply sharing my experience in hoping to inspire more guys on the art of mind, body, heart, and soul. I believe in order to aquire mental toughness, one must first discover who he really is.

After being discharged from basic, I didn't know what to do. I had pretty much invested my life into this program, and then I didn't have anything to do for a whole year. I could've taken a few classes. I could've looked at a different future. Instead what I did was develop myself in a way that I felt was necessary to be a better person, and necessary to aquire the mentality needed to complete training. I found it through this video I found on the internet. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s28jxGnKeE

I spent 5 months learning about the qualities of Zen. For those 5 months, my entire time in a Buddhist temple allowed me to confront the fears I had about failing. I learned about all the qualities of being in the moment. I learned how to stay calm in stressful times. I learned how to tune into my surroundings. Above all, I learned how to be, me. Being someone you're not is surest way to fail life. If there was one thing that I were to take with me from my time of enlightment, it would be "Life is about making a choice. Then you take it one day at a time."
    "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Working...
X