Water Drills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Drills

From gathering research on various sites I see that brick treads and buddy tows are where the majority of BCT trainees are dropped. What are some exercises that I can practice to make these drills easier? I know being comfortable in the water is important but there must be some drills that help a canidate get ready for pool work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Re: Water Drills

I too am interested in this. At first I was told we had to use the egg beater kick, but try as I may i cannot do it. Then I heard we had to use the scissor kick. If anyone can shed some light it would be much appreciated.
    I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way.

-John Paul Jones November 1778

Comment

Originally posted by creasey87 View Post
      From gathering research on various sites I see that brick treads and buddy tows are where the majority of BCT trainees are dropped. What are some exercises that I can practice to make these drills easier? I know being comfortable in the water is important but there must be some drills that help a canidate get ready for pool work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
      Creasey -
      The 4 local SPECWAR Challenge guys I train with and I do the 'Pull down drill" which consisits of us all treading in a loose circle in the deep end of the lcoal YMCA pool. Someone begins by going under and randomly pulling another down. That person then has to pull someone else down before going back to their designated place in the circle and resurfacing. The point is to never look down so you never know if you're about to be pulled under. we tend to do this for about 30 min. or so. We then proceed with some body tows. We've found it helps with long treading endurance and remaining calm in the water. Hope this helps.
      “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”

-Lance Armstrong

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Comment

That's interesting. I would like to try that pull down drill but I train by myself so no can do. I have been practicing the egg beater kick but I must be doing it wrong because my calves burn like hell after about 1-2 minutes.
        “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” -Lance Armstrong

“If you think a thing is impossible, you'll make it impossible.”- Bruce Lee

Comment

JMichael-

We've found that an almost breast stroke tread seems to be more efficiant for long treads...Hard to explain, hands come together and throw down then circle out and around repeat in the stroke as feet come together and up in frog swim motion...maybe/hope this helps...
          “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”

-Lance Armstrong

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way."

- John Paul Jones

Comment

I get what your saying I'll have to try it out tomorrow. Thanks.
            “Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” -Lance Armstrong

“If you think a thing is impossible, you'll make it impossible.”- Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
            X