College First

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College First

Im confused as to how those who go to college and graduate become SWCC operators. I'm 18 and going to college to major in International Studies so that I could undertake a career in the field of Naval Intelligence. I still want to join Navy SWCC regardless. The perk in going to college first would be the 4 years I'd have to prepare myself. I'm already physically fit; still, I wanted even more time to grow. So say I'm in a NROTC program, and I graduate with the opportunity to commission as an officer. What then? Can I not enroll into Navy SWCC if I do become an officer? What's the process there?

Re: College First

I'm not sure on SWCC but with SEAL you to get an officer billet which requires even higher PST scores. I'm sure you could Google if you can become a SWCC operator as a officer. That would be my frist step honestly. Secondly I would suggest contact a recruiter now talk to him about the benefits of being a enlisted vs officer. For instance SEAL enlisted operators are more likely to be kicking doors down a lot longer then a officer. But once again find out if there is officer SWCC operators

Comment

Use the search function before you ask a question. Chances are it has already been answered.

https://www.sealswcc.com/forums/show...fficer-program

Comment

There are no SWCC officers.

Comment

Thrill12,

Originally posted by Thrill12 View Post
          Im confused as to how those who go to college and graduate become SWCC operators.
          I am pretty sure there are "those" who graduate from college and become SWCC operators; if and when they get a SWCC contract and pass SWCC training. I do not have statistics on current SWCC graduates and their college attendance/graduation rates.

I still want to join Navy SWCC regardless.
          So join Navy and become a SWCC regardless. There is that contract thingy again.

The perk in going to college first would be the 4 years I'd have to prepare myself...
          If your think that going to college will increase the amount of time you have to prepare, please think again...

...So say I'm in a NROTC program, and I graduate with the opportunity to commission as an officer. What then? Can I not enroll into Navy SWCC if I do become an officer? What's the process there?
          If your graduate college and get accepted into the Navy you have a chance to become a Naval Officer. ece778 llinked you to a definitive answer, regarding SWCC and their non-officers.

All My Best,

G.
          Just an old civilian...

Comment

Working...
          X