Thread: ASVAB Score needed to join Seals

ASVAB Score needed to join Seals

What is the approx. Score on the ASVAB I need to join the SEALs?

Re: ASVAB Score needed to join Seals

Seriously, you are considering joining one of America's most elite military groups, but you can't even do a simple search to find the answer to a basic question? One that is answered on the site and has been discussed in the forums time and time again?

Everyday I have to talk myself into staying on this forum because I would like to think its filled with young men who are interested in something special. But it seems everyday some 14 year old kid posts the most ridiculous question in the world. You are interested in NSW and you surfed the internet. You found yourself on the SEALSWCC website. Rather than reading ALL of the information provided, you only read what you wanted too and just disregarded the rest. If you were to look at the top of this website you would see a section titled BECOME A SEAL. Now right underneath that their are a few categories. The category GENERAL REQUIREMENTS probably would have been a good place to go first. After clicking on that you would have found the answer to your question. So honeslty it would have taken less time to find the answer then it did for you to write the question. Now I know someones going to tell me I'm being harsh or I am not being a team player. You can all think what you want but atleast I have the motivation to learn everything about the SEALs without asking question that my dog could answer.

I'm going to answer a few other questions you may have:
    Question: How do I swim underwater for 50m holding my breath? Answer: You don't, people die doing that, so wait until you get to BUD/S.
    Question: What are competitive PST scores? Answer: 9min, 9min, 100/100/20
    Question: Is this exercise program I've created using crappy sources from google good enough? Answer: No its not, follow the PTG

If this is something you really want to do then look up ALL available information on it. This website is full of information to read and if you cover everything here I doubt you will have a question to ask, but if you do then of course feel free to ask it. Just remember what your asking about and who your asking it too. This forum is used by very competitive SEAL candidates and actual Navy SEALs themselves. If you have a few years before you can even enlist then don't ask anything at all because you have more than enough time to find the answers yourself. Have a great day. Hooyah

Take heart, wizard.
    Although we see this over and over again, only the site admins might know how many people browse these forums silently, using them for there intended purpose. Frustrating as it is, this is a resource worth maintaining for those who now use them properly, and also for those who, once chastised, will figure it out.

the asvab score is GS+MC+EI = 165 or better.
    or VE+MK+MC+CS = 220 or better.

Are those score needed for all Officers and Non-officers or do Officers have to score higher on it?

I took the ASVAB my junior year of High school(2009), and i scored very high. Im planning on applying for the SEALs early in 2013. Im curious to know if my ASVAB score will still be valid then or if I will need to retake the test.

STAG, Officers do not take the ASVAB. They mainly come from NROTC, the Naval Academy, or prior enlisted. Look through the Officers forum for more info.

7MM, ASVAB scores are valid for two years, so in your case it would not be valid in 2013.

To add onto what Nate said I am also relatively certain there is a separate version of the ASVAB given at some high schools. If you didn't take the test through a recruiter than it likely had some differences from the official ASVAB given by military recruiters.