Thread: Food before PST

Food before PST

Hey guys i was just wanting to know what yall eat the day before and day of your PST? just want to see what helps yall eating wise.

Re: Food before PST

Quote Originally Posted by West7 View Post
    Hey guys i was just wanting to know what yall eat the day before and day of your PST? just want to see what helps yall eating wise.
    You're going to want some carbs first of all- pasta, bread. Obviously you want to avoid any junk foods and soda's.
    Basically eat healthy meals that will give you energy. Fruits, nuts, oats, meat, eggs. You should eat all of this everyday anyways.
    But as for the day of a PST, go with a tuna sandwhch and some fruit (preferably banana), and make sure you're eating wheat bread and not ****** white bread. For a drink you can't go wrong with a gatorade or pedialite.

Oh ya and make sure you use the bathroom before hand. A minute before you have to run is a bad time to realize you have to take a mean ****.

1.Drink plenty of water the day prior to taking the PST
    2.Eat a well-balanced evening meal the day prior; 6-8 ounces of meat/fish, side of vegetables and sweet potatoes. Loading up on carbohydrates is not productive nor advocated in current research that covers sports nutrition.
    3.Get at least 8 hours of sleep
    4.Start drinking fluids early to hydrate
    5. Eat a well-balanced breakfast; oatmeal, banana, blueberry bagel and a glass of grape juice. Make sure you have a set meal prior to working out so you know that it works. No meal experiments prior to a PST.

Source: thesealquest.com

Thanks guys for the information i will be taking my second pst on tuesday and want to get the best possible results!

i don't know how procedures go about an hour before you take your PST..but this is what i would do if you can:

Eat an apple, banana, and carrots(raw) and some raw oats an hour before your test

Obviously you want lots of water..drink at least 50-75% of your body weight in oz a day..that's a easy one.
    "What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists...and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know exactly what you want...and are fully determined not to quit until you get it." - Graham Bell

A friend of mine whom is an endurance runner and triathelete forwarded me this article. I am using this method now and it has been working great. Eating that much food an hour before an small-endurance event like the PST is not a good idea. Anyways here's the article.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/hnt/1279/