Thread: SWCC Missions

SWCC Missions

I know that SWCC deals mainly with the boats, but also do other stuff, however do they ever, for lack of a better term, go out and play ninja with the SEALs or maybe even independently? I don't want to violate opsec just know if they ever get down and dirty on the land.

Re: SWCC Missions

i dont really know the answer im sure an admin. does, but ive heard that sometimes when seals need a couple more shooters or something that swcc is the next most qualified for the job. but that could be wrong just saying what ive heard.

SWCCs are the masters of small craft tactics and enjoy being on the boats. However there are plenty of other jobs that SWCCs can do. Some I can talk about some I can't but UAVs, JTAC and other schools are some that would take a boat guy off the boat and on to land. Old school boat guys didn't get much land training but these days SWCCs learn patrols, IADs, convoy, basic room clearing and other land based training. When in country the boats have to go over land often and the operators need to know what to do in case of contact on the road.

West Coast, with the development of MCADs are all SWCC sent to jump school? Or is it just a specialty of a select group. Also is there any chance of HALO?

They are sending all SWCC graduates through SWCC core skills so that when they show up to a team they are caught up to veteran boat guys. With core skills they are sending them to jump school as well. Right now the only team that does MCADs is east coast but that may change just like anything in the military. Used to be only a select group but now all boat guys through the new pipeline will be jump trained and ready for any team.

Good to know. Are you assigned to a team after CQT? Is it like a "wish list" type scenario. Also what are the chances of you going where you would like?

How long is jump school?

Jump school is about 3 weeks.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by TMercer96 View Post
    How long is jump school?
    NSW has its own jump school and it is one week for CQT students.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."
    John F. Kennedy, Inaugural address, January 20, 1961
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Woops! Sorry, I was assuming it was the same as for the SEALs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Williams View Post
    NSW has its own jump school and it is one week for CQT students.
    Mr. Williams,
    Is this week for static line jumps only? Is there any opportunity for freefall for SWCC guys?

-DW

Administrator

This is a static-line course. Freefall is available later for select SWCC.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."
    John F. Kennedy, Inaugural address, January 20, 1961
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

I expected it to be longer, thanks though for the info.