Thread: SWCC to SEAL?

SWCC to SEAL?

I got a contract for SWCC, and my ship date is May 15th. I wanted a SEAL contract, but apparently my scores weren't high enough for the draft. I tried twice and didn't get it, so I took the SWCC contract. I think I would really enjoy SWCC, but my dream is to be SEAL one day. Is it possible to change to SEAL in boot camp, or can I try to convert to SEAL after serving as SWCC? Any facts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: SWCC to SEAL?

What scores did you receive?

Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett2009 View Post
    What scores did you receive?
    9:42 swim, 80 pushups, 70 situps, 15 pullups, 8:48 run. Even if I can't switch to SEAL before going to SWCC training, I would like to know if I have the option of putting in an application to BUD/S later on.

SEAL Senior Chief

As long as you meet the requirements and have met your obligated service to the SWCC community you will be good to go should you choose.

Is your ship date coming up soon? If SEAL is really what you want you can back out of DEP and come back the next month and go again. You should have mentioned SEAL to the classifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    Is your ship date coming up soon? If SEAL is really what you want you can back out of DEP and come back the next month and go again. You should have mentioned SEAL to the classifier.
    I tried a couple times to get a SEAL contract but never got it, so I'm not sure what you're referring to as the classifier. I have already changed my job from nuc to secf to swcc and have been in DEP for a year now. I doubt I could back out and rejoin in a month. Is that even possible? I am really ready to go. I just hope to get a chance at SEAL one day.

Dshat1 the quick answer to your question like SEAL Senior Chief said is yes but there are a few factors. Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it goes like this as for right now on the teams...Once you have completed your required service time for SWCC and meet all the requirements for SEALs they will allow you to switch over. Keep in mind though that the military is going to spend millions of dollars on you training you for SWCC so if you want even a chance at having them let you switch to SEAL you need to be the best SWCC you can be first. You need to prove to them that you are worth the training and not just some kid that wants to shoot guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael86 View Post
    Dshat1 the quick answer to your question like SEAL Senior Chief said is yes but there are a few factors. Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it goes like this as for right now on the teams...Once you have completed your required service time for SWCC and meet all the requirements for SEALs they will allow you to switch over. Keep in mind though that the military is going to spend millions of dollars on you training you for SWCC so if you want even a chance at having them let you switch to SEAL you need to be the best SWCC you can be first. You need to prove to them that you are worth the training and not just some kid that wants to shoot guns.
    Why can't I just express to the instructors in boot camp that I want to be a SEAL? I would like them to send me to BUD/s before sending me to SWCC school. Surely there is a way.

With these scores you should be able to get a SEAL contract right off the bat. Talk to your recruiter and see what can be done. These are good scores, the pull-ups you could try to raise to 20 and sit ups to around 80+. Otherwise this should have been more than enough to get you the contract you want.

the swim needs to improve aswell... ur run is very good but your scores need to be more near 9.90.90.20.830 good luck man hooyah

Senior gave you your best advice.
    Failure is never an option.
    Honor Courage Commitment.

SEAL Senior Chief

There is no reclassifying to SEAL while in boot camp. That was an option in the past but no longer.