Thread: Testosterone pills

Testosterone pills

Hey guys,

So a buddy I work out with is trying to get me to take testosterone pills. He has been on them for about 4 months now and his bench has climbed by 90 lbs, and he's gained 25 lbs of muscle. I'm pretty cut, but only weigh 150 and feel that getting some more muscle/strength on me would be benificial. I lift about 5 days a week, always lift as heavy as I can and do olympic type lifts. And my friend is telling me that I could see even greater improvements if I start on testosterone, too.

And a note: They are not steroids, nor are they a growth hormone. They are considered a natural supplement. At least that's what he told me.

Does anyone have any experience? Does the Navy prohibit it, or would I fail some kind of screening test if I took them? I only have one body and I want to treat it right and not make a bad decision.

Thanks,
    Jon

PST scores
    9:55 swim
    90 pushups
    90 situps
    18 pullups
    8:15 run

Re: Testosterone pills

There's no point. Once you stop taking them your performance/gains will decrease. Stick to your natural-self.

I took some of those in the past. They didn't work the way your buddy described but i noticed some increase in strength. It's a test booster right? Well that would be very detrimental to your training because it will boost the amount of testosterone being made in your body so the natural testosterone production will get all screwed up and right when you stop taking them (the minute you talk to a mentor) you won't be producing enough testosterone to sustain the gained muscle. Don't try it.

@ryguy26's logic pertains more towards taking a synthetic or steroidal form of DHEA/TEST or a pro-hormone. What your friend is taking probably has herbs and nutrients like tribulus that tell your body to rev up its natural hormone production. This is why these "all natural test booster" are used as post cycle steroid therapy in the bodybuilding world. The supplement will maximize both gains and recovery by making your body more anabolic more of the time, but once you run out sooner then later your body will return to homeostasis.

Natural ways to increase TESTOSTERONE/HGH...

1. Increasing your intake of important minerals like zinc and magnesium that are deficient in the SAD (Standard American Diet). Do this by eating plenty of nuts and seeds, sea vegetables (dulse, kelp), and organ meats. Also you can take a vitamin supplement called ZMA right before bed.

2. Eat fat. Cholesterol is the precursor to hormones like pregnenolone > dhea > testosterone. Get your omega 3's as well.

3. Adequate sun light and vitamin D are crucial to hormone synthesis in the body.

4. Make sure to get to bed before 12 preferably at 10 and sleep at least 8 hours (I know thats not how it going to be in BUDS, but during training prep you cant expect to better your PST scores without proper recovery time).

5. Take 5000 mg of glutamine right before you hit the s a c k and if you eat a snack before bed make sure it's not carbs, so you don't s p i k e your insulin further shutting down hormone production.

6. Cut back on caffeine. Caffeine causes a rise in cortisol the catabolic hormone.

7. Same goes for sugar because of a insulin and cortisol spike.

8. Same goes for alcohol.

9. JUST ******* GOOGLE THE SUBJECT.
    "Nothing on earth can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude."

- Thomas Jefferson

>>PST scores
    >>9:55 swim
    >>90 pushups
    >>90 situps
    >>18 pullups
    >>8:15 run

Why not consider being in the pool 5 days a week instead of the weight room and bringing that swim time down? The rest of it looks pretty good.

--Fargo007

[QUOTE=JonK;12347]Hey guys,

So a buddy I work out with is trying to get me to take testosterone pills. He has been on them for about 4 months now and his bench has climbed by 90 lbs, and he's gained 25 lbs of muscle. I'm pretty cut, but only weigh 150 and feel that getting some more muscle/strength on me would be benificial. I lift about 5 days a week, always lift as heavy as I can and do olympic type lifts. And my friend is telling me that I could see even greater improvements if I start on testosterone, too.

And a note: They are not steroids, nor are they a growth hormone. They are considered a natural supplement. At least that's what he told me.

Does anyone have any experience? Does the Navy prohibit it, or would I fail some kind of screening test if I took them? I only have one body and I want to treat it right and not make a bad decision.

Everyone will react differently to Test. pills. If you are a young guy with the right test. levels then you won't see any difference. If you have low levels of testosterone then you will see some results. It's mostly meant for older guy in their 30's and above.

I can tell you right now that it is IMPOSSIBLE to put on 25 pounds of pure muscle if you aren't on the juice (steroids). He might look bigger and his strength might've spiked, but at least half of that 25 pounds is fat or water weight. I don't think you will fail any drug tests, but personally I wouldn't waste my money on testosterone pills. I took them and didn't see a difference in my performance or gains. If you want to get bigger take Creatine, but I wouldn't see why you would want to get bigger since you are lightweight and strong.