Thread: Corpsman to SEALs

Corpsman to SEALs

I am currently at Fort Sam Houston for HM A School. My question is: can I put in a package now or wait until I finish my A School?

PS: I don't like HM much...they just put me in there during DEP.

Administrator

Re: Corpsman to SEALs

You need to complete your A school and serve two years before you may apply for SO or SB.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."
    John F. Kennedy, Inaugural address, January 20, 1961
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

hellfire1234 You got to do your time as a HM first and when you reach the half way point in your orders then you may put in your package. You should look into SARC if you want the Job. There Know joke you are more likly to go SO from SARC anway. They take your PST score from your Recon school.

Why is it easier to transfer from SARC to SEAL than from HM? The demand for SARC candidates being high, wouldn't the command have a hard time letting you go? Especially after spending so much money on training.

I'm not trying to be a smart ***, but I've asked the exact same question were I proposed SARC as a rate to get in the Navy before going SEALs. It's in interesting rate with a few courses that could carry over well to SEALs, but still sombody replied and told me to go in a rate that wouldn't invest so much.

I'm curious about this as well. If I enlist I would definitely go corpsman, and wouldn't mind doing two years with a marine infantry unit or recon battalion, but my goal is to become a SEAL. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you,
    Gordon

Administrator

Any person in a Navy rating (with few exceptions) may submit a package for lateral conversion to SO. You must have 2 years time at your present duty station before submitting a package, HM included.
    Navy SEAL & SWCC Scout Team

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."
    John F. Kennedy, Inaugural address, January 20, 1961
    35th President of U.S. 1961-1963 (1917 - 1963)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Williams View Post
    Any person in a Navy rating (with few exceptions) may submit a package for lateral conversion to SO. You must have 2 years time at your present duty station before submitting a package, HM included.
    Thank you for the prompt response, but if someone with a SO contract was to fail BUD/S would they be allowed to go for HM right after or would they have to do the 2 year fleet assignment?

Thank you,
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon_075 View Post
    Thank you for the prompt response, but if someone with a SO contract was to fail BUD/S would they be allowed to go for HM right after or would they have to do the 2 year fleet assignment?

Thank you,
    Gordon
    Once you DOR/ fail out you choose another rate for your 2 year tour, HM being one of the most popular, when I went to FMTB we had half a dozen BUD/S drops. Something to be mindful of though is that with the guys that I met had to go HM and then mandatory Dental Technician C-School, so getting HM might have some stipulations.

-Doc